Opeth @ The Grand Ballroom San Francisco OCT.6

Weakness

Senior Citizen
Sep 7, 2005
San Jose, Ca
www.myspace.com
Any Bay Area thrashers on the board going to this show?
Show your hands. This will be my fourth time seeing the band.
They have never played this venue before, so I don't know the sound quality there. I did notice this place is booking most of the metal bands that come through the city. They have played at The Fillmore in the past which is a legendary venue. Should be a kick ass show.

Driving up Monday from San Luis Obispo once my afternoon class ends! Have to miss my first class Tuesday morning, but who gives a fuck, right?

Yeah I'll be going. I went to the last one they did at the Fillmore which was an awesome set. I was kinda wondering if they'll be playing with Baroness and High on Fire as I've seen it listed as both; just Opeth, and as playing with these two. Also since it supposedly starts at 8 o'clock wouldn't 3 bands make it run pretty damn late?

I wish I were, but there's some meeting at my college that I want to go to. I go to UC Davis and my class gets out at 6:00pm, plus I don't know anyone who can give me a ride to the show.:cry:

I'm leaving at like 4 to meet the band. I've got a bunch of Opeth CD's and Vinyl that I want them to sign and Bloodbath CD's for Axe and Mike to sign. I'm giving Mendez my painting of him, too.

This is the first time I am going to see opeth, and I am really excited.

I have a question for you guys though...
What time should I show up to be able to get in the first or second row? I know the concert starts at 8, but what time will the line start for the willcall tickets.
I'm thinking about showing up at 6.

Fuck yeah, toniiiiight. Coming through with a buddy I recently turned on to Opeth and my younger brother who I'm trying to convert. Cheers for Opeth and the herb.

I will be attending. I've never been to this venue, either. I'll be late cause I have to take MUNI like a normal person. Therefore, I hope Baroness sucks (just kidding, I really wanted to check them out, oh well).

Ozz, that was a killer painting ... I'm sure he'll love it!

From the website, I've gathered that the max capacity of the venue is short of 1,100 so it should be up-close and personal ..... I can't wait!

I've never been to an Opeth show that they've officially closed, although this is about my 4th time as well.

See ya there!!

This is the first time I am going to see opeth, and I am really excited.

I have a question for you guys though...
What time should I show up to be able to get in the first or second row? I know the concert starts at 8, but what time will the line start for the willcall tickets.
I'm thinking about showing up at 6.

Just get there early and don't drink any beer or you'll have to piss and lose your spot!

I saw some photo's from Carcass on Sept.19 @ the grand ballroom and it looks like a medium place, and I hear the sound there is great.