Opeth: Watershed

opening act was a secret before the show, but it was VIRGIN FUCKING BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg they were so awesome, i've been a fan of theirs ever since i first heard them probably about 2 years ago, but they're hardly ever out here, and dear god when they opened and i realised who it was, well that was almost as exciting for me as the fact that Opeth would be on soon after. dan you would have had Virgin Black too yeah? being an adelaide band and all.. did you like them?

Yeah they opened here, and in Perth as well...

I've heard a bit of their stuff before, and I don't mind it, but it certainly didn't blow me away... I've never really been able to get into doom and their stuff is just a bit doomy for my liking, just not enough happening... Their stuff with the orchestra is cool, creates a bit more atmosphere, but in this setting, with just the band, it just didn't really do anything for me... I'm trying to stay away from the word 'boring', but unfortunately that would be a reasonably accurate description... :erk:

Opeth on the other hand, completely blew away my expectations, and I'll most certainly be trying to get along to any future gigs of theirs to make up for the 2 I missed... :worship:

yeah virgin black are very much symphonic doom with black elements i would say.. but that's right up my alley personally. i dont know why but doom style strikes something in my heart, it cant be explained. i was just so surprised that they played and i didnt ever expect to get to see them frankly.

thanks to the arena in Queensland ( fuckheads ) my kids have been looking forward to this concert for 3 months and you tell :heh: us that under 18s cant come now( the day before) my kids are shattered!!!the day before i ask you:heh:I pity those kids who are driving down from far away places " Boy are they in for a shock"

thanks to the arena in Queensland ( fuckheads ) my kids have been looking forward to this concert for 3 months and you tell :heh: us that under 18s cant come now( the day before) my kids are shattered!!!the day before i ask you:heh:I pity those kids who are driving down from far away places " Boy are they in for a shock"

I saw that email. Ouch!

Though, knowing the arena, I'm not sure why it was ever considered an <18 event. Too much money in selling alcohol I guess.

I feel for your kids :(

To be honest, I loved Watershed. In my opinion it was a pretty epic album. My favorite song is either Hessian Peel or Heir Apparent.

I actually had the privilige to go to a signing here in Amsterdam when the album came out, I got my guitar signed by Opeth, which was pretty fucking awesome! I could post up some pics later, tommorow probably. It's fucking 5 AM here, and I'm fucking bored as hell... I should sleep soon, though.

In any case, I'm going to see Opeth in November here in Amsterdam. Cynic and The Ocean are opening for them, I'm damn excited for that performance. I never seen Opeth live, but I sure heard how damn good they are!

Can't wait.

I Just got back from opeth and my 15 year old got in with fake id:headbang:. So many kids were dissapointed and channel nine news were interviewing them about the whole saga. So I will be tuning in tomorrow, I'm just thankful one of my sons got in " luckily " as I personally wont be going to the Arena again!!!

im glad your kid got in, tho it still annoys me that the venue did that and got away with it. so did channel 9 actually mention the mighty opeth?? coz that would be sweet..

Charis
I FINALLY fulfilled my dream of meeting the mighty god that is Mikael.. my friends have the pics on their phones so as soon as i get them i'll post one here. and i made him sign my ticket stub..twice..i didn't get anyone else to sign it, just him two times lol!! AND i told him he was my god lol.. he laughed at that, and my friends were like 'i can't believe you said that!' and i was like 'well he is damnit!' right in front of mikael lol..and i also said 'in a totally non creepy way you're wife is a very lucky woman' and his reply was 'yeah i know' and he laughed. hahaha! he is a legend, all the guys were so goddamned nice! as for the show itself..well..

Good one...no sitting behind the venue and yelling "Fuck off back to Norway" when they drove past this time then.

I Just got back from opeth and my 15 year old got in with fake id:headbang:. So many kids were dissapointed and channel nine news were interviewing them about the whole saga. So I will be tuning in tomorrow, I'm just thankful one of my sons got in " luckily " as I personally wont be going to the Arena again!!!

Ha! I was going to say, there were kids getting in left right and center. But that made me wonder, what shirts were you and him wearing? I wonder if you were the two that were standing next to me in the line (with mum as well)?

Anyways... IT WAS AWESOME.

I was like... row 1.5 (squished somewhere between the front row and the people behind me) in front of Mikael. Apologies to the guy and girl in front of me who I was probably touching indecently, I couldn't move my arms if I tried.

Also hope the girl who passed out next to me is ok!

Ha! I was going to say, there were kids getting in left right and center. But that made me wonder, what shirts were you and him wearing? I wonder if you were the two that were standing next to me in the line (with mum as well)?

Anyways... IT WAS AWESOME.

I was like... row 1.5 (squished somewhere between the front row and the people behind me) in front of Mikael. Apologies to the guy and girl in front of me who I was probably touching indecently, I couldn't move my arms if I tried.

Also hope the girl who passed out next to me is ok!

I was wearing a king diamond Abigail shirt and my 15 year old was wearing a ghost reveries shirt. Next year they need a bigger venue:kickass:

was it a sold out show for you guys up there? here they sold out months in advance and there were alot of people i know who wanted to go and couldnt because they just didnt get tickets in time. next time they come hopefully they will play a bigger venue again. the time rich and i saw them in brissie it wasn't that big tho, only a couple of hundred people at most.

was it a sold out show for you guys up there? here they sold out months in advance and there were alot of people i know who wanted to go and couldnt because they just didnt get tickets in time. next time they come hopefully they will play a bigger venue again. the time rich and i saw them in brissie it wasn't that big tho, only a couple of hundred people at most.

It was sold out aswell, I reckon they could get a few hundred more in Brissie and the Arena isn;t big enough. I dont think Mr Akerfeldt was too impressed with the venue either. Next year hopefully they can do the riverstage ( Great venue )

I was wearing a king diamond Abigail shirt and my 15 year old was wearing a ghost reveries shirt. Next year they need a bigger venue:kickass:

Ha, I was standing right behind you in the line with my Arcturus shirt... thinking about how I was going to try and get your kid in!