Opeth: Watershed

I don't know what a "git" is, but LaBrie does seem to have an arrogant vibe about him. And yes, Symphony X interacts with the crowd constantly. Russell is a great frontman in many ways, one of which keeping the crowd interested and giving the show a casual vibe. I agree with you that DT does not do this. There is no connection with the audience; LaBrie makes no effort whatsoever to make the fans feel "at home," which is what I believe a frontman should do.

Absolutely. Russ definitely knows how to work the crowd. DT pulls off their set, but James LaBrie could use some work in being more audience friendly.

i also 2nd that, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th.. about still life.. imo their best album.. and also if you can, once you get it.. take time to really listen to it, like get out the liner notes and read along to the music.. the album is very powerfully done.

^+1

The first time I listened to it was on a late-night drive through the nothingness that is the space between any two towns in montana. For obvious reasons, I wasn't looking at the booklet that first time, but it was intense nonetheless.

wow everyone on here fucking loves Still Life eh?

My favorite has to easily be Damnation. I will admit I like well done clean vocals over death vocals (even though I love tons of death/black metal bands) but its just that the songs are so well composed IMO. After Damnation though, my favorite has always been Blackwater Park. The Drapery Falls is easily like one of the best songs ever.

I never really got too hooked on Still Life, but after a whole page of people giving it such high praise, I think I will listen to it all the way through very carefully soon since I have a long plane ride tomorrow

i also 2nd that, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th.. about still life.. imo their best album.. and also if you can, once you get it.. take time to really listen to it, like get out the liner notes and read along to the music.. the album is very powerfully done.

Okay Charis ;)
*Whispers: Jeez how did I miss this album?..*

I didn't find it that great when I first listened to it. Maybe it was the production... not too sure, but I went back to it and fell in love.

The exact same thing happened to me with V. :Spin:
I'll surely take the time to listen to it.

I have Been reading post's for a while about Opeth here , I usually see silentrealm
talking about them , so i tried a few tunes today finaly
and the first two I heard were Porcelain Heart , Windowpane

I really liked them alot , I got turned of by them before because the one song i heard was all growling threw the whole song , and dummy me thought thats what all there tunes would be like
Now im goona have to check em out further
Thanks guys for the subliminal messaging LOL!!!!

I have Been reading post's for a while about Opeth here , I usually see silentrealm
talking about them , so i tried a few tunes today finaly
and the first two I heard were Porcelain Heart , Windowpane

I really liked them alot , I got turned of by them before because the one song i heard was all growling threw the whole song , and dummy me thought thats what all there tunes would be like
Now im goona have to check em out further
Thanks guys for the subliminal messaging LOL!!!!

yeah my poor bf who is not an opeth fan has to constantly hear me raving on about them too haha.. and yeah most of their stuff is half growls/half clean, with alot of all clean songs thrown in..

I tried...just never caught me. I like Damnation and a lot of stuff from Blackwater Park, but that's as far as it goes for me...still don't get the love for Still Life. Ah, to each his own.