Opeth: Watershed

Actually, you may be right. I think the songs as a whole are excellent, but the dark, haunting atmosphere seems to be gone. In many ways I was hoping for Ghost Reveries 2.

It wasn't the opinion, it was the way in which he stated it... ;)

Exactly. Even if you don't like the album, there is no need to use words such as "gay, faggoty, suck, dick, blow" all the time to express your opinion. That's trolling in my eyes.

That's fucking embarrassing. I was not trolling, I was just incredibly drunk and listening to old Opeth at that moment. Watershed is very different, and while I really appreciate some of it, it's a bit too inconsistent and proggy for my tastes. Also, I will say that I agree with my beligerent self that Porcelain Heart is about as complicated structurally as kindergarten math.

Also, I will say that I agree with my beligerent self that Porcelain Heart is about as complicated structurally as kindergarten math.

I do agree with this. Porcelain Heart is easily the weakest song on the album, and it's really boring to me. The part in the middle is cool, but one minute doesn't save a nine minute song.

I was searching but didn't find anything.

I don't yet have this album, so I don't know if it has something to do with...anything.

So, who's this guy in the back cover, and in the postmark in the cover of the special edition?
Not that it really disturbs me, but I'd like to know something about him.

That's fucking embarrassing. I was not trolling, I was just incredibly drunk and listening to old Opeth at that moment. Watershed is very different, and while I really appreciate some of it, it's a bit too inconsistent and proggy for my tastes. Also, I will say that I agree with my beligerent self that Porcelain Heart is about as complicated structurally as kindergarten math.

haha, that's better... :p

Your point is fair enough there, and I'm into more proggy stuff, but I could see how some of the more old-school fans might not like it as much... :)

I thought the album was a masterpiece. then again i am kind of biased i am the biggest opeth fan-boy ever >.<

Well at least you can admit that :D

I still just remember falling in love with MAYH, Still Life and Morningrise. The only album to come close since then is Deliverance (SOOOO tired of Blackwater Park!!) which honestly i think is mainly for A Fair Judgement (though there's not a bad track on that album)

After answering that, I went back and listened to a few tracks from deliverance....I think I'll bump it up to 7.5/10.

Maybe I am a weirdo...but nevertheless, Orchid is a total meh for me. I wouldn't say I entirely dislike MAYH, but it's just not that strong to me from a musical standpoint. A few great tracks, but at least 50% filler.

I like Orchid, a lot actually. Darker sounding than their other albums. Not good production but it adds to the overall vibe and character of the album. Whereas Deliverance was well-produced yet bored me to tears.