Opeth: Watershed

places like the Opeth and Nevermore forums (hell...even this place sometimes) are a perfect example of what's wrong with the metal community and why, if I were a metal-head, I would be embarassed to have any affiliation.

You sure you're not thinking of the CoB forums?

Oh don't get me wrong. CoBOT is probably the biggest cesspool on the internet next to /b/. The nevermore forum isn't even close to that level to be fair. I just never saw anything that caught my interest... seems like a bunch of immature ranting and philosophy 101. Granted, i haven't been over there in a while.

places like the Opeth and Nevermore forums (hell...even this place sometimes) are a perfect example of what's wrong with the metal community and why, if I were a metal-head, I would be embarassed to have any affiliation.

I actually like almost everyone who posts here. This forum is pretty fun. I posted on the Opeth one for a while, but was soon turned off by the large quantity of assholery. The general rule of thumb seems to be: the bigger the forum the more it sucks.

I actually like almost everyone who posts here. This forum is pretty fun. I posted on the Opeth one for a while, but was soon turned off by the large quantity of assholery. The general rule of thumb seems to be: the bigger the forum the more it sucks.

Agreed. There's still a bit more bullshit here than there was say... 5 years ago. But overall people handle themselves pretty well here.

...says the man who's been banned twice :lol:

That's just the way EyeballKid is I think... Kind of an ass, but every forum needs one... Or half a dozen as with this forum:lol:

... so of course he can't prefer one to the other. Can't compare the two (other than the fact that their fans are generally questionable at best) but you can certainly say one is better than the other.

How can you say for "certain" one is better than the other?

I like Meshuggah, dig Obzen, but you can't say that it is better than anything Opeth has done :lol:

How can you say for "certain" one is better than the other?

I like Meshuggah, dig Obzen, but you can't say that it is better than anything Opeth has done :lol:

He didn't say that you can say that something "is 'for certain' better than another". He said that you can 'certainly' say that something is better than another, meaning that anyone can say what the fuck they want about music, cause they are just opinions.

Atleast that's what I think..