Opeth: Watershed

Wander nailed it.

My point is anyone can quantify something in their own terms based on their own opinion and it's a fair statement. For example, I can say "Alive in Athens" by Iced Earth is way better than the first brittney spears album. There is no correlation between the two on any level (other than they are both music) but if you set one next to the other, I'll reach for Iced Earth every time. If anyone told me that they were two different breeds and so it was unfair to compare them, I would punch them in the nose for being retarded.

None of this rules out the fact that there are people who would rather listen to Brittney Spears. More power to them.

know whats funny? in all the years ive been on this forum, and all the different topics that have come and gone, over and over and over again people keep making arguments about opinion..

"such and such sucks"
"oh you can't say that!"
"yes i can its my opinion"

when will we ever learn to just chill? :p

But...SR, if we can't argue about how much better my opinion is than yours, than what is a forum good for? I thought that's why bands gave their fans message boards. Obviously not to discuss the band in whose forum we post.

Well that's YOUR opinion, but obviously it's all wrong and I'm right.

so.... opeth....

You are so wrong! It's Opeth, not opeth. Can't you even use shift?!?! Or maybe it's just your opinion that shift is useless? But obviously, you'd be wrong...

...I'm getting a little carried away here. Ehm... Would be cool to see Opeth live, wouldn't it?

Seen 'em twice. Not exactly the most exciting live band, save for Mendez, but good shows nonetheless. But you live in Finland... you've probably seen them many times...

I haven't. I was planning to go to go see them in Ruisrock, which is actually this weekend, but doesn't seem like I'm going to get a ride (and someone to come with me).

I actually would have seen them 2 years ago if I hadn't had to be in this fucked up confirmation camp (fucking christian brain-washing place), just when Opeth were playing here.

And besides, it's not so easy to see metal shows all the time in Finland unless you live close to Helsinki. I live too far in the north.

Opeth live is like watching the undead strum guitars. Total ballsuckage.

Anyway - Watershed. SUCKS COCK. Totally. Honestly I feel like In Flames has more metal in them than Opeth does now. Keys ruined their sound, Mike's head up his own ass smugfest ruined his cleans and prog parts. Every song on this abomination blows so much fucking dick save Heir Apparant, The Lotus Eater, and Hessian Peel (like both the chill and heavy sections).

I would like to address how fucking elementary Porcelain Heart's structure is. It goes like this Riff 1 - Riff 2 - Riff 1 - Riff 2 - Chorus - Faggoty gay singing about children boring shit - Chorus 2. Are you fucking kidding me?! There are like 5 guitar parts to that whole song! Riffs suck, vocals suck, chorus BLOWS, transitions make me want to fuck a goat.

Opeth live is like watching the undead strum guitars. Total ballsuckage.

Anyway - Watershed. SUCKS COCK. Totally. Honestly I feel like In Flames has more metal in them than Opeth does now. Keys ruined their sound, Mike's head up his own ass smugfest ruined his cleans and prog parts. Every song on this abomination blows so much fucking dick save Heir Apparant, The Lotus Eater, and Hessian Peel (like both the chill and heavy sections).

I would like to address how fucking elementary Porcelain Heart's structure is. It goes like this Riff 1 - Riff 2 - Riff 1 - Riff 2 - Chorus - Faggoty gay singing about children boring shit - Chorus 2. Are you fucking kidding me?! There are like 5 guitar parts to that whole song! Riffs suck, vocals suck, chorus BLOWS, transitions make me want to fuck a goat.

I think you will get alot of people disagreeing with you, your opinion is shit:puke:

Its clear he's trolling, just ignore him, and I think transitions aren't the only thing that makes him want to have intimate relations with a goat, as evidenced by the presence of the object of his desire in his avatar... I think thats just an excuse for his inability to control his animalistic urges... :rolleyes:

After a few weeks of listening to WS, I have really grown to like it. There is definitely a lot less cookie monster vocals than all of their other albums, except Damnation of course. It just seems to be missing something that I can't really quantify as of yet, though.

I think the thing its missing is the dark, brooding acoustic sections, all the acoustic sections are a bit brigher and more upbeat to my ear so far... I don't mind that, but it is a little different from their earlier stuff which was a little more black-metal influenced from what I've heard...