Opeth will open for Dream Theater in America in April/May 2008

In my opinion, I think why so many on this forum are being pissy is because we are feeling cheated. If this tour was Opeth with guests dream theater, we would all be very happy. Even those that dislike DT would think this is great.

I have nothing against DT, besides the fact that i dont care for their music, but my anger is coming from the fact that I feel that Opeth should be opening. Another point is that at this time in Opeth's career i feel that this could hurt them, opening on a tour. It would've been a good idea for SOTU since so many fans got to hear opeth for the first time, but IMO this is a step down for Opeth.

Obviously they will have a headlining tour once the album comes out, so lets all be happy.:)

It's all numbers. Dream Theater has sold more albums and sells more tickets, it's that simple. I completely understand those of you who are bummed out about it though, I'd be bummed if say they were opening for Lincoln Park. However I wouldn't start attacking fans of Lincoln Park or slamming the band... maybe I'm just too old for this forum. :)

I wish people would STFU sometimes. If ya wanna see the band do, if ya dont, dont. You should be thankful you are lucky enough to live in a place Opeth visit semi regularly. They will tour again, without DT, so go and see them then if you think Portnoy sucks or whatever.

Face the fact: Dream Theatre is a much bigger band than Opeth ... they fill up entire stadiums! they sell a lot more records, they have released more material, they are far better known, much more people like DT and not Opeth, ...

as much as we, and I do as well, like Opeth much more and think it is a much better band, these facts remain.

I can't imagine Dream Theater is filling up many stadiums ??? Not in the US anyways...maybe overseas...
Even together I don't see them playing the 15-20k venues, unless they add another quality band or two.
Hopefully they don't. I prefer the smaller venues & want Opeth to get more stage time.
If Opeth can open with an 8-10 song set I'll be psyched.
When Opeth is done, I'll be leaving. I've seen DT (once) & Petrucci on G3 & didn't care for either.

I agree with LichofHell. The old Dream Theater stuff kick ass. Images & Word and Awake are definitely on the same level, if not higher than any album from Opeth IMHO. But Dream Theater seems to get worse and worse with time (Album wise), when Opeth seems to get better. So I kinda have a more respect for Opeth.

But when it comes to seeing them live I can't really decide who I'd like to go and see the most. But I'm not from the US so I guess it doesn't matter.

Symphony X are great too though, if only they'd come to Denmark.

Face the fact: Dream Theatre is a much bigger band than Opeth ... they fill up entire stadiums! they sell a lot more records, they have released more material, they are far better known, much more people like DT and not Opeth, ...

as much as we, and I do as well, like Opeth much more and think it is a much better band, these facts remain.

lol popularity has nothing to do with quality

I agree with LichofHell. The old Dream Theater stuff kick ass. Images & Word and Awake are definitely on the same level, if not higher than any album from Opeth IMHO. But Dream Theater seems to get worse and worse with time (Album wise), when Opeth seems to get better. So I kinda have a more respect for Opeth.

But when it comes to seeing them live I can't really decide who I'd like to go and see the most. But I'm not from the US so I guess it doesn't matter.

get banned. how are you even the same species as me ughhhhh

As i've said before....THIS IS DREAM THEATERS TOUR....not opeths. DT asked opeth to come and play with them, because they are friends. I find it very amusing how Two Diff. Bands' fan bases can fight with one another.

This reminds me of when I saw NIN open for David Bowie. A ton of the NIN fans walked out after Trent and Co. left the stage. Weak,

seriosul who teh fuck is booking opeth...i love DT...but wy teh fuck are Opeth OPENING for DT....is this gonna translate to antoehr mere 45 min set.....well that sux....i really hoe they play a fckin full set...!!!!!.....serisouyl opeth needs a new tour manager or booking duder....fuck....im pissed.....i want a ful set from oepth not a 45 min....!!!!!...PEAC EOUT

seriosul who teh fuck is booking opeth...i love DT...but wy teh fuck are Opeth OPENING for DT....is this gonna translate to antoehr mere 45 min set.....well that sux....i really hoe they play a fckin full set...!!!!!.....serisouyl opeth needs a new tour manager or booking duder....fuck....im pissed.....i want a ful set from oepth not a 45 min....!!!!!...PEAC EOUT

Well it is Dream Theaters tour. Not Opeth's.

If no one else is supporting DT on tour then they will most likely get an hour, if not more, set.... Quit whining like you are being Forsaken.

As i've said before....THIS IS DREAM THEATERS TOUR....not opeths. DT asked opeth to come and play with them, because they are friends. I find it very amusing how Two Diff. Bands' fan bases can fight with one another.

That doesn't mean jack shit. You said it yourself. TWO DIFFERENT FAN BASES.

Same thing happened when I went to the Slayer/Manson tour. Two obviously different crowds.

^Yeah one crowd had good taste the other didn't, I think you can figure out which is which :rolleyes:

I'll go to Denmark, you can come see me....bring women, and absinthe

I really can't believe I didn't have anything better to put in this post :erk: