Opeth

Oct 17, 2006
I know they are like one of if not the most talented band on this planet but Opeth?
Their music approach and style is so unique, but I don't know listening to their latest album...
Their uniqueness is starting to sound 'sameness' to me now. I enjoy the music and all and the clean vocals are better than ever, but they don't seem to live up to 'Still Life / Blackwater Park' standard anymore.

I'm just interested to here the views of others, I know others will think that is not the case at all, but just wondering

I think Opeth changed a great deal with Ghost Reveries. There is a lot more keyboard on the album, and Mikaels vocals are all around better. Opeth has been an ever changing band since Orchid. The only real problem I have with GR is how they presented The Grand Conjuration. They really "mainstreamed" that song up and did away with the acoustic lines. That's one reason I love listening to Opeth is the drastic changes in most songs.

Also, I wouldn't go as far as to call Opeth the MOST talented or technical, but they sure are one of a kind.

Blackwater Park is prolly still my fav but I listen to Ghost the most lately prolly because it's still fresh but it's definitely their second best in my opinion.

Opeth are fantastic, also Ghost Reveries if you give it some time. Actually yesterday I bought the new special edition of Ghost Reveries, with bonustrack ("Soldier Of Fortune") and DVD, it's pretty nice, worth getting.

I used to be big on Opeth, but now I mostly listen to "Damnation". The vocs are amazing but the heavy music is not. "Still Life" and MAYH have some good songs but I thought "Ghost Reveries" was terrible.

LifeDepraved said:
Roderunner can go fuck themselves....I bought the reglular edition and that's it...they will never see my money again.
I mean, it's not just one bonustrack you're getting, it's an almost 40-minute documentary, the whole album in 5.1 DTS surround and the Grand Conjuration vid (which, admittedly, sucks, but OK..) and a cool bonustrack, for the price of a regular CD, that justifies it i.m.o..

OHHHH you will not win me over Mr. Tinus!!!!!! Koch even released 4 opeth albums in a box set recently...BWP, D+D and Lamentations CD....for $30 BUT I HAVE ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WILL NOT WIN!!!!!!!!!! LAWL!!!!!

LifeDepraved said:
OHHHH you will not win me over Mr. Tinus!!!!!! Koch even released 4 opeth albums in a box set recently...BWP, D+D and Lamentations CD....for $30 BUT I HAVE ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WILL NOT WIN!!!!!!!!!! LAWL!!!!!
Haha,I heard about that boxset, weird, good price though, for those who don't have it yet.. But there's no extra material there, so that's really just for the money. And it's a CD of Lamentations, just the audio portion of the DVD on a CD? WOOWWIIIIEEEEE THEN I NEEEEEEED IT!!!11, GIVE MONEEEEE TO KOCHH!!!

LOLZZZZZZZZ