Opeth

Opeth hasn't got anything for me...
What I would look for (/what I looked for) in them I find in other (better) bands...
I don't know what it is, but I just don't listen to it. I can't really listen to it...

I think most of you will hate me, but I don't like Opeth at all. I don't hate it, just find it extremely boring. All the albums. I have Blackwater Park and Lamentations DVD in my collection, but they are covered with the great lay of dust. I just think there is nothing so special in them, although I do like some songs. It's just not mine.

Reactions: MadTinus
I like jammin to Orchid and Morningrise from time to time...the others are for like a nice sit down sipping some wine and talking about the hockey game with your fellow neanderthrals.

Jinn said:
I honestly hated Ghost Reveries.

I don't like the addition of Per and despised it from the start.

Also I think Mike has lost much of his growl
Mike delivers some his most brutal, guttural growls on Ghost Reveries!
Vincent J. said:
Opeth hasn't got anything for me...

What I would look for (/what I looked for) in them I find in other (better) bands...

I don't know what it is, but I just don't listen to it. I can't really listen to it...
Try Damnation, you should like that I think.
I think most of you will hate me, but I don't like Opeth at all. I don't hate it, just find it extremely boring. All the albums. I have Blackwater Park and Lamentations DVD in my collection, but they are covered with the great lay of dust. I just think there is nothing so special in them, although I do like some songs. It's just not mine.
Well, can't argue taste, there are some bands that I 'should' like judging my taste, but just don't.. IE Agalloch, Nevermore, Tool, A Perfect Circle..

it sucks ...it sucks it fucking sucks!! no wait! i like blackwater park so much :p

I don't like Opeth, too. :erk:
I like "Morningrise" and "My arms, your hearse" pretty much, and parts of Still life, but after that it really bored me. I thought I'd maybe like Damnation, but that one was so boring for me too.
But I have to agree that Mikes Growls on the new album are very brutal.

MadTinus said:
there are some bands that I 'should' like judging my taste, but just don't.. IE Nevermore, Tool, A Perfect Circle..
all I can say is :OMG:

I love Opeth. They are my 2nd favorite band. I love all of their albums Except Damnation and My Arms Your Hearse. I have a hard time for some reason on listening to those two. Although I do admit, I like the Circle Of Tyrants and the Remember Tommorow covers.

affinityband said:
Keep listening to My Arms Your Hearse. Its gotta be the best Opeth album. Its just so damn consistant.
I brutally disagree, it's the one Opeth album I somehow never got into, honest, despite trying many, many times.. Damnation on the other hand, is pure genious.

I used to listen to Opeth a lot some time ago... but now it's been a long while since I last listened to an Opeth song. I don't know exactly why but I got tired of them :( I haven't heard Ghost Reveries so I can't give an opinion about it. My only really fave one is Blackwater Park, then I like many other songs from many other albums, like Morningrise. And Damnation was something 'strange' and I remember not so many people liking it, but I do. It's like a strange mix.
Anyway, I still wouldn't mind to see them live, of course :)