Opeth

ha ha:)
sorry for my horrible english
может лучше на русском писать?:)

Androz
for me Discouraged ones is different style than BMD-growls dissapeared and music came more light imho:)

i dont know what to add
not long ago Katatonia was in Moscow and St Peterburg-that's was awesome
shame that was just 2-3 songs from old albums

Unicorn said:
Black Water Park for me is the worst of all albums btw. I really regret that I bought it without listening to it first :erk:
blackwater park is the darkest cd they have done so uhhh I dunno what to say

if you don't think it's opeths eeriest cd you need to clean the earwax outa yer ears

eerie=goodness

Unicorn said:
Black Water Park for me is the worst of all albums btw. I really regret that I bought it without listening to it first :erk:
Dude, how can you listen to "Bleak" and NOT wanna bang your fucking head off, that song rules so much it ain't funny anymore..

And the general consensus is definitely that BWP is their strongest effort, I didn't make that up, it isn't even my opinion, it simply shows in every single "what's your favourite Opeth album" poll ever published on any forum. It was also their breakthrough to a wider audience.

In a way I can agree though, it's a very rich and accomplished album which contains some very strong songs. Can't really say what's my favourite really.

And not BWP, but Deliverance is undisputably their darkest album.

There is always going to be a never ending feud between people about whether Opeth is boring or not. I think Morningrise is one their most boring albums with the exception of To Bid You Farewell. Still Life and Blackwater Park are my favorites because they seem to be the most diverse albums that Opeth produced. It's all a matter of opinion with Opeth, love em or hate em.

i think opeth is a love it or hate it band... either u stick with them or u just dont give a fvck,,,i loke mikeael so it doesnt matter :)

FatefuL said:
I do too, love all albums from Diabolical Sharade.

Lol.

I love Opeth and I think it would be very hard for them to make a bad album. GR can get boring if overplayed, but it's a great album to listen to as are all of them. Damnation is probably one of my favorite, I'd really like a Damnation 2.0 because I love Mike's clean vocals.

MadTinus said:
Dude, how can you listen to "Bleak" and NOT wanna bang your fucking head off, that song rules so much it ain't funny anymore..

And the general consensus is definitely that BWP is their strongest effort, I didn't make that up, it isn't even my opinion, it simply shows in every single "what's your favourite Opeth album" poll ever published on any forum. It was also their breakthrough to a wider audience.

In a way I can agree though, it's a very rich and accomplished album which contains some very strong songs. Can't really say what's my favourite really.

And not BWP, but Deliverance is undisputably their darkest album.
Nope Deliverance is their heaviest album but it is in no way darker/eerier than blackwater. bwp has this vibe that not one of their other cds can touch.

atrocity said:
That's a shame.Blasphemy. You should hang yourself immediately :p

Ok. But I like the layout, I must say.
Maybe the guys who like BWP have heard this Opeth CD first, because in most cases you like the one you know first the best. ;)
I was already getting tired of the riffing instead of the large melodies they've had in the past.
@tinus, I thought Still Life is the fav of most Opeth fans.

BlueSky said:
Nope Deliverance is their heaviest album but it is in no way darker/eerier than blackwater. bwp has this vibe that not one of their other cds can touch.
Deliverance has a very compelling dark atmosphere to it, very desolate, more so than BWP I think..
Unicorn said:
@tinus, I thought Still Life is the fav of most Opeth fans.
Not from what I've seen, and I've seen quite a lot..

And yes, the layout is great, one of Travis Smith's finest works for sure.

MadTinus said:
LOL, true! I LOVE Bleak. One of the Opeth's songs I used to listen to the most.
And I think you're right about BWP. It's definitely my favourite Opeth album.

MadTinus said:
Deliverance has a very compelling dark atmosphere to it, very desolate, more so than BWP I think..Not from what I've seen, and I've seen quite a lot..

And yes, the layout is great, one of Travis Smith's finest works for sure.
Not quite sure how you confuse heaviness with dark eerie atmosphere(bwp easily has a lot more atmosphere which is eerie) but then again everyone is entitled to their own opinion and of course everyone hears things differently.

Some bands kindo become better bands in my book thanks to the internet, Katatonia is one of those. This forum brings forth a lot of Katas quallities and broadens the listening experience.

The case with Opeth is pretty much the exact oposit. Since they are getting bigger and have had loads and loads of cred throughout the later years internet ppl start looking only for the bad parts of opeth and start magnifying those like there's no motherfuckin tommorrow. That is a godamned worthless way of listening to music, and narrows the experience down to fucking nothingness.

BlueSky said:
Not quite sure how you confuse heaviness with dark eerie atmosphere(bwp easily has a lot more atmosphere which is eerie) but then again everyone is entitled to their own opinion and of course everyone hears things differently.
I'm not 'confusing' it, Deliverance has a darker, more 'depressive' atmosphere i.m.o. The music is less rich and sounds darker than BWP I think, BWP has a lot of atmosphere too, but overall not as dark and compelling as Deliverance. And yes, that's how I feel/experience it.

MadTinus said:
I'm not 'confusing' it, Deliverance has a darker, more 'depressive' atmosphere i.m.o. The music is less rich and sounds darker than BWP I think, BWP has a lot of atmosphere too, but overall not as dark and compelling as Deliverance. And yes, that's how I feel/experience it.
Now deliverance is more depressive??? :lol: Once again I disagree. My point is, yes deliverance is less rich which means it doesn't have the ability to have such compelling atmosphere. Blackwater Park is like being lost deep within haunted woods which is a depressive, dark and eerie feeling. Deliverance as a whole is just brutal without the emotions to convey very much at all. I thought that was pretty obvious but I guess not.