• Morningrise

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • My Arms, Your Hearse

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Orchid and Morningrise

Votes: 15 13.2%
  • Orchid, Morningrise, and My Arms, Your Hearse

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • None of them! They're perfect the way they are!

Votes: 34 29.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
None of them need re-recording.

3. the general production on those albums is tinny and shitty and the heavy parts aren't heavy enough

You can't be more wrong. I hate most of today's heavy sound but Opeth's first two are extremely heavy. And guitars sound great as they are. I wish new record would be similar. But it won't.

1. akerfeldt is an enormously improved vocalist since their start in the mid-90's

2. the original drummer on the first 2 albums sucked wanksack

3. the general production on those albums is tinny and shitty and the heavy parts aren't heavy enough

obv they're not gonna do it but 'twould be an improvement to re-record orchid and morningrise Q.E.D.

I agree with all of this, though I think it would be weird to change the drumming. It would be nice to hear Mike sing them now, having improved so much. And hearing UTWM and TNATSW on Roundhouse Tapes made me realize how great they could sound with decent production. Unfortunately it's not possible, but I'd love to hear Orchid and Morningrise re-recorded. I think MAYH is fine.

Not that keen on re-recordings of Orchid and Morningrise, but as someone already stated, My Arms, Your Hearse should definetely get the same treatment as Still Life, perhaps with re-recorded bass. I'd really fucking love to hear the 5.1 mix of this album! As I would Blackwater Park ... and Deliverance .... and Damnation = )

i think it would be cool if they re recorded anything, spicing up the sound and style and whatnot, but i seriously doubt it will ever happen: new album --> tours ... new album --> tours ---> new album/remasters ---> tours ----> mike doing a side project this is pretty much what opeths future looks like :)

I would be happy to hear a remaster of the early albums. I do hope Opeth own their own masters, but that can be pretty rare in most band's early record deals. Usually the record company holds on to them for their own purposes.

They are perfect as they are. Any re-recording would be a clear sign that Opeth is lost. If they want to re-release anything, they could do the same thing as they did with Still Life - make the mastering once again and see what happens. And then release it WITHOUT that awful so-called "bonus tracks" which shatter all the magic. And include original artwork, without logo and title. Maybe the mastering sholud be done by MFSL to pull everything that is possible.

Read "raw" as bad. What the hell is it that makes people apologize for the terrible production of the early albums? Is it just a bunch of black metal fans who actually like stuff recorded on a talkboy or do other people seriously think that the production is good?

ive just gotten used to the production on those two albums, and i actually think it suits them very well. where mayh is more melodic in some way, so i think id be great with a re-recording of that record. but something tells they will re-record all three records. just a matter of time i think

Remix/remaster job. I already stated this earlier in the thread but apparently nobody listened...remix and remaster Orchid and Morningrise. Period. Don't re-record anything. The actual tracks are fine as they are; just improve the mix and the master of those two. MAYH is fine as it is.

I agree with the people who think MAYH is fine as it is, it has a great atmosphere. As weird as it sounds I love Morningrise's production as well although I'd like to hear a re-recording of that album because like someone else said Opeth's first drummer wasn't that good and didn't really fit Opeth. Orchid would definitely benefit from a re-recording.

My Arms, Your Hearse would rock my socks off twice if re-recorded. :loco: But I'm not sure it would be worth the hassle for Opeth, what with tours, and producing new albums.