opeth's live sound production

MetalManCPA said:
Berklee College of Music, the Damnation tour with Porcupine Tree. This particular live performance rated second on my all-time list of best sound production I've heard live. Santana at the Cape Cod Collesium (Massachusetts) in 1978, to this day, still ranks as the most spectacular sound I've ever heard live.

The loudest ever for me was Damn Yankees and Ted Nugent at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA. My wife and I were sick for three days afterwards. That was the last time I did not bring ear plugs to a concert (not that I've used them every time - I didn't at Opeth yesterday).
I was there too, and I second your motion, excellent sound production.

Yeah, last year in NYC the sound was fucking horrible. I was the only one in there actually shouting out compalints about the sound quality...but of course they didn't hear me and no one else around me gave a fuck. I don't get it...

yeah uhuh, i agree it certainly depends on the venue somewhat, but, there are ways to make adjustments, its just become a reocurring pattern to me at least at the opeth shows i have seen in michigan and toronto.. with exception of the very first opeth show back in 2001 that i saw, which was in a bar pretty much.. that was awesome! ... Now that they are becoming more and more famous and way tighter in their live act, they should have a consistent live sound, just not consistently quiet.