Opeth's song "Godhead's Lament" is amazing

Godhead's Lament is one of my favorite Opeth compositions, it has one of their best acoustic passages...Face Of Melinda's dynamics are a bit clumsy, but they don't hurt the feel of the song too much, and I love the guitar lines in the first half.

chupe666 said:
i have a cordoba 50 that i was thinking of getting rid of to get something cheaper since i don't play it much; maybe a la patrie etude if i ever get to see if they're good or not.

this is turning into a standard um thread.

If this is the classical you bought, you need to keep this. It sounds amazing, live and recorded. Don't part with it, just buy another to play more often, and keep that bad boy!

True enough. Still Life is my favourite Opeth album. Face of Melinda has some really odd dynamics to it, it's my favourite song but it's still good. The riffs are awesome.

Godhead's Lament on the other hand is my favourite Opeth song :p, the acoustic passages are wicked. This thread makes me want to buy an acoustic guitar, which I've always wanted to but never had the money to.

April Ethereal live blew my mind.. really great stuff. There are a lot of good bands and musicians in this world and Opeth certainly fit amongst them, i may not listen to them all the time these days, but when i do it's an enjoyable and rewarding experience (well.. mostly if i stick to MAYH or Still Life).

I wish i could go back and hear opeth for the first time again though.. especially that first listen to MAYH..

I really really love Breedlove guitars. They are an east coast thing I believe but if you can find one check it out... my store used to sell them. Also the Taylor 714 is freaking amazing.

Brandon

I found an acoustic in my attic a few days ago. It was my mom's from back when she was a hippie. It's in really good shape (after a restringing that is).

Novembers Paul said:
If this is the classical you bought, you need to keep this. It sounds amazing, live and recorded. Don't part with it, just buy another to play more often, and keep that bad boy!
yeah, that's the guitar; it was totally a spur of the moment buy and i think i could probably get a cheaper one that sounds just as good. maybe save a few hundred $.