Opinion about AYDY?

guillaume_of_bodom

Member....that's all
Apr 25, 2006
Varennes Qc
Maybe this is already done but since it's make only one year I listen to cob(best band ever) I don't really catch why some people don'T like Are you dead yet?....so to everybody that don't like AYDY? I wonat your opinion...and to the other I said defend this album:saint:

His voice sounds different than on there other albums,its like its more crisp or somthing,the music is also different.I like there old sound better and there other songs,on this new album i only liked maybe two songs

guillaume_of_bodom said:
Maybe this is already done but since it's make only one year I listen to cob(best band ever) I don't really catch why some people don'T like Are you dead yet?....so to everybody that don't like AYDY? I wonat your opinion...and to the other I said defend this album:saint:

i cant say i dont like it...but there is better album then AYDY? that c.o.b has done...anyways AYDY? is the worst so far....

The riffs are lame, the soloz are pretty much just ripoff of other solos he has already wrote. There is just too much wrong with that album. Alexi has always had shit lyrcis but they were not the center of the music, now the music suffers so people can hear his shitty lyrics

another one :O
*hides*

I still really like it, but I much prefer the older albums to it. The vocals sound better, but yeah, the lyrics arn't very good most of the time :erk:

I like the whole album, Next in Line is pretty weak IMO, but yeah, its very different from the older ones so alot of people won't like it.

Case closed, thread closed.

guillaume_of_bodom said:
i hate you so much....

AYDY isn't bad it maybe just isn't through and through the same quality as the other albums. There are a few good ones in there too, personally I like most of it, but after all I'm not TOO picky.

Someone actually hates Lake Bodom? :loco:

CliffBurton said:
another one :O
*hides*

I still really like it, but I much prefer the older albums to it. The vocals sound better, but yeah, the lyrics arn't very good most of the time :erk:

I like the whole album, Next in Line is pretty weak IMO, but yeah, its very different from the older ones so alot of people won't like it.

Wouldn't have said it better myself :D It's very good, but not as good as the other albums.

Silver Incubus said:
The riffs are lame, the soloz are pretty much just ripoff of other solos he has already wrote. There is just too much wrong with that album. Alexi has always had shit lyrcis but they were not the center of the music, now the music suffers so people can hear his shitty lyrics
anything else to say?
ah yeah: :worship: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :worship: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :worship: :headbang: :kickass:

Silver Incubus said:
Alexi has always had shit lyrcis but they were not the center of the music, now the music suffers so people can hear his shitty lyrics

Wrong. AYDY? is just more lyric-based than the older COB. It's 50% karaoke-metal if you get what I mean. Music just backing the singing, not otherway round.

^ Ok, this approach was probably forced by Alexi's accident / hurry to make the album. Anyways setting the lyrics as a sort of basis for the songs unavoidably set a direction for the composing. How many months was Alexi incapable of playing? Maybe AYDY? would be much different if he had those months to use for trying out melodies, playing and stuff.

Joonas Lehtonen said:
Wrong. AYDY? is just more lyric-based than the older COB. It's 50% karaoke-metal if you get what I mean. Music just backing the singing, not otherway round.
yeah, and the singing/lyrics arn't very good.

The singing is probably the only part of COB that isnt very good at all.