Opinion about AYDY?

guillaume_of_bodom said:
Maybe this is already done but since it's make only one year I listen to cob(best band ever) I don't really catch why some people don'T like Are you dead yet?....so to everybody that don't like AYDY? I wonat your opinion...and to the other I said defend this album:saint:

You don't really catch that because you've been listening to the band for a year. :zombie:

CliffBurton said:
yeah, and the singing/lyrics arn't very good.

The singing is probably the only part of COB that isnt very good at all.

I like it more than pretty melodic singing.. Alexi's singing in the song Talking of the Trees is the real deal. I like the power in Alexi's AYDY voice though.

I don't find such an extreme change in Children Of Bodom's music to deserve the extreme criticisement that has involved AYDY?.It can be true the fact that many songs have reduced the number of different riffs that Alexi used to put in every song so they sound more like ''same melody through all the song'',but I still find the solos great and I don't think that they have done a bad album.Of course is not COB's greatest album but I also like it and I find it good.Other thing that I also don't understand is why there's people that doesn't like it only by the fact that it's played in Drop C tuning,because there are other COB songs played in Drop C and anyone had complained before.

children of COB said:
I don't find such an extreme change in Children Of Bodom's music to deserve the extreme criticisement that has involved AYDY?.It can be true the fact that many songs have reduced the number of different riffs that Alexi used to put in every song so they sound more like ''same melody through all the song'',but I still find the solos great and I don't think that they have done a bad album.Of course is not COB's greatest album but I also like it and I find it good.Other thing that I also don't understand is why there's people that doesn't like it only by the fact that it's played in Drop C tuning,because there are other COB songs played in Drop C and anyone had complained before.
:err:

§Italian_Bodom§ said:
something wild and hatebreeder, if you prefer :lol: something wild is a great album, with songs like lake bodom or deadnight warrior :p
yeh they pwn.. FTR pwnez too. and HCDR is also kewl

§Italian_Bodom§ said:
something wild and hatebreeder, if you prefer :lol: something wild is a great album, with songs like lake bodom or deadnight warrior :p

Well, I've been listened to CoB since 1999/2000 and I like AYDY as much as Hatebreeder and Something Wild.
IMO - there's a kind of "energy" or something like this in the Alexi's voice and his music so even if they change their style a little but this energy remains the same, it doesn't matter for me, does Alexi play his solos as fast as earlier or he doesn't.

§Italian_Bodom§ said:
mmm i found ftr too similar to hatebreeder... is a good album of course... HCD is more original!!!
shit, I had a sweet responce to this post, but the power went off at work and I forgot what it was.

FTR is my favouriste album still and the first one I listened to.
ITs very close to the same style as HB, whereas somthing wild has a more Neo-classical feel and HCDR has a more thrashy style to it.

....or somthing like that:zombie: