Opinions: Best/worst cannibal corpse?

How you guys feel about bands like Undeath Sanguisugabogg and Frozen Soul (and maybe Fluids) that are aping the fuck out of Cannibal Corpse and Mortician? I love it. Retarded death metal supremacy.

How you guys feel about bands like Undeath Sanguisugabogg and Frozen Soul (and maybe Fluids) that are aping the fuck out of Cannibal Corpse and Mortician? I love it. Retarded death metal supremacy.

I really like Undeath. Sanguisugabogg is fun braindead shit when I'm drunk. They were pretty boring live, though. Maybe they'd be more fun in a small bar, but at a medium sized venue opening for Incantation and Nile they kinda blew. Not really a fan of Frozen Soul. Saw a comment somewhere that they seem to exist to sell t-shirts. Pretty funny as I swear it feels like they have several new shirts coming out every week. Not gonna lie though, some of their designs are pretty dope.

Never heard Fluids.

Last edited:
@CiG Are you still down on the newest Cannibal Corpse? I finally got around to listening to it and I thought it was pretty good. I haven't listened to the several before it (spinning A Skeletal Domain now) but I'm digging it. I'm not sure about the production/guitar sound, but the riffs are good.

I prefer Corpsegrinder era CC (shocker!). My favorite album would probably be Bloodthirst. It's got two of their best (later) tunes - "Pounded Into Dust" and "Dead Human Collection". I also like Kill. When it comes to the Barnes albums I'd probably go with Tombs ... because everybody likes it, and I'm a fucking sheep like that.

Bloodthirst is a very good album. I own everything up through Kill and that album is one of my least favorite. Tomb is also my least favorite Barnes-era album (which I prefer over the Fisher era).

1. The Bleeding/Butchered
3. Eaten Back to Life
4. Tomb of the Mutilated

I'm not familiar with the entire Fisher era enough to try to rank them. The newest one feels like a bit of throwback. It's simplified with an emphasis on writing memorable songs and I like it.

I mean it in the context I used in that sentence about writing more memorable songs. I'm no expert on what they've done since Kill, but that album and some of the stuff I've sampled from later on is more frantic, a little more monotonous, and dense. I suppose they were trying to play up their technical side a bit. The newest one has more groove and the songs stick with me more like on The Wretched Spawn and prior albums.

Fairo. I haven't felt the urge to jam Corpse in awhile tbh, but once I start redoing the 90's polls it's gonna have to happen. Last time I felt the urge it was Gallery of Suicide iirc, which rules.

A couple of years on and Violence Unimagined holds up better than the two albums that preceded it. I'm not sure if any of the songs on it will surpass the old classics they play live. What do you all consider the last great song CC wrote? As Deep as the Knife Will Go? Kill or Become?