Opinions on Three Inches of Blood.

i love this band. they straight up rock. yeah, theyre a bit cheesy, but thats ok with me. the riffs and melodies are solid and its catchy as hell
~gR~

Wow. You kinda caught me off guard with that. "If they respect old school metal why do they use the screamer" Thats true. I really wish theyd trash him... cause regardless i do like theyre stuff and i do like theyre "Old school vocals"

theyve always been a blend of old and new, but in a different way. and i think that is part of the appeal
~gR~

theyve always been a blend of old and new, but in a different way. and i think that is part of the appeal
~gR~

Thats just it. Fuck appeal. Ill admit it. If it sounds good to me and no one else, they can buy a chemical romance t-shirt and move to hollywood for all i care. And oh yeah, "Appeal" is what ruin bands like Metallica. They got to popular for they're own damn good, now they suck.

Regardless, I think they're just really trendy, and my meaning of "blindly" is that they don't really have any reason to use hardcore breakdowns and hardcore screaming if they truly "respect" old-school metal.

I agree with this post.

Because they're not what they portray themselves as, obviously. They feel more like a parody band than a legitimately serious Heavy Metal band. If you want new Heavy Metal that's actually fucking good, I can point you in the right direction, where the 80s Heavy Metal influenced isn't so synthetic and contrived but rather organic and genuine.

Because they're not what they portray themselves as, obviously. They feel more like a parody band than a legitimately serious Heavy Metal band. If you want new Heavy Metal that's actually fucking good, I can point you in the right direction, where the 80s Heavy Metal influenced isn't so synthetic and contrived but rather organic and genuine.

80s heavy metal as in Maiden, Priest, Helloween?

I honestly can't stand this band. Musically they aren't too bad, but on the other hand it's not anything a million other bands haven't done/are doing. The clean singer just annoys the piss out of me, guys who sing like that (in my opinion)are just plain laughable. I never dug the 80's bands who had that kind of operatic crap going on (I know, blasphemy to certain circles)and sure as shit can't stomach a single power metal band out there, vocally. So I'll have to agree with what someone said earlier and say that this band basically "isn't my style".

I hadn't heard this band until I saw this thread so I checked out their myspace.

They don't seem very scencester to me.

Their vocals annoy me. Their music seems fairly un-remarkable. They do come off a bit silly at times, with their "metalness".

Meh, I didn't really like this kind of metal in the 80's, so I can't really appreciate this modernized version of it.