Oslo bombing

No one should be ashamed for first thinking that it was an Islamic fundamentalist attack.....

It's the reactionary calls for completely unprecedented retribution that people should learn to not be so hasty with....

No one should be ashamed for first thinking that it was an Islamic fundamentalist attack.....

It's the reactionary calls for completely unprecedented retribution that people should learn to not be so hasty with....

+1. Maybe it just doesn't make the news in the united states, but I definitely haven't heard of any christian suicide bombers.

The "i am glad this guy is a christian" comments on the board are interesting.

All Christian leaders will denounce this attack as being not in accordance with Christian values or ethos. Any persons claiming to be Christian leaders who support this attack (ie: westboro baptist church) either will be or have been denounced like wise.

However, I have yet (possibly overlooked) to see any global denouncement of muslim terror groups or their attacks.

Definitely overlooked them. /\

Still though, just another affirmation of my belief (and many others obviously) that the Abrahamic religions are the most vile constructs of humanity.

This whole thing :(

Deathpenalty should be made legal again.

There isn't a life imprisonment sentence in your country either, correct? I believe the maximum sentence for a crime in Norway is around 21 years, so he might actually be out when he's 53 or so.

Edit: Nevermind, just read a little bit about Kristiansen.

They should because otherwise governemnts and media would have done a well job by brainwashing our minds.

I'd disagree, If there was an attack in the UK I would at first assume that it was Islamist or Irish related.
I don't see what's wrong with that?

However I'm talking about on a personal level, not in terms of media speculation, especially before the guy was even arrested.

^ If you don't understand the fail in that attitude (and in this thread, for that matter)...

It seems that he, being an anti-Muslim, wanted to make the bombing look like it was done by Islamic fundamentalists and some say that it was only because of the after-bombing mess that he had the chance to kill so many...
I'm writing it because I'm convinced that there's nothing wrong with connecting the bombing with Islamic terrorists, it's the format they use. If someone killed a man with bear claws, would you be ashamed to presume it was done by a bear?
By the way, I have respect for religious people of any race and descent, but at the same time I hate overly politically correct thinking.

I have no respect for any religion. I do respect people though, based on their actions. I just knew religion was involved one way or the other. It's almost always the case.

I have no respect for any religion. I do respect people though, based on their actions. I just knew religion was involved one way or the other. It's almost always the case.

+1 Damn religions have brought nothing but ruin to this world. And the biggest irony is that those religions that fight the other are basically all the same in the end. I will never understand how religions could survive thousands of years without one god damn prove.

a true tragedy... this is actually the first I've heard about the amount of people killed.

obviously there's no punishment hard enough, but if I had a kid and something like this happened... I'm having my hopes up on some of the parents of those 84 dead kids, they most likely feel like they lost everything they had... one day, this man will walk free - so if they'll want revenge, I hope they will wait and take it by their own hands, nice and slow.

Yo guys

While I agree it may not have been the coolest move to jump to conclusions about the possible background of the person(s) responsible try to keep in mind that it wasn't long after the bombs went off that this weird Jihad group started posting messages making it seem like they had something to do with all this. I guess no one can know for sure yet. Also keep in mind that it's not like there weren't threats of reprisals and a history of actions to at least already have the idea in people's heads

Just sayin

I don't think I read anywhere that any of those groups claimed that they were involoved to the Norway killings? But as I allready said, I could have missed it.
I also don't think that islamic extremists were the first ones to commit killings using bombs, but I see were the conclusion "bomb= must be islamic extremist"could come from.

I don't think I read anywhere that any of those groups claimed that they were involoved to the Norway killings? But as I allready said, I could have missed it.

"... but: NRK is reporting that an unknown group called "Helpers of the Global Jihad" have posted a message that this is only the beginning of the reaction to Norwegian periodicals publishing the Muhammed cartoons, according to Andrew Boyle, a journalist in Norway."

"... but: NRK is reporting that an unknown group called "Helpers of the Global Jihad" have posted a message that this is only the beginning of the reaction to Norwegian periodicals publishing the Muhammed cartoons, according to Andrew Boyle, a journalist in Norway."

Sickening that they rushed to claim to be responsible for the bombing. Later they retracted this statement. It's like saying "A bomb, eh. That must be one of ours".

I have read parts of the book written by the massacre dude. On the book he describes how to aquire the materials and make fertilizer bombs. And on top of that, how to use bomb threats as a distraction.