Johnny Quest (original)
Speed Racer
ALL of the old Tom & Jerry
Marine Boy
Sealab 2020
Gigantor
Clutch Cargo
Space Angels
MOST of the old Looney Tunes, especially the one's that aren't "pc" by today's standards

The last few make me feel REALLY old!

OMG someone else remembers Marine Boy!!! 99.9% of the people I mention it to give me a blank stare..they remember Kimba the White Lion, sure, but not Marine Boy..

I dig Invader Zim..Gir is the shiz, baybee :)

Jax, also REALLY old *g*

I'm an anime guy, through and through, but I love Ren & Stimpy, Sheep in the Big City, Transformers, South Park, The Simpsons, Futurama, and Grim & Evil(I like Evil con Carne more than The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, but i guess its more of an acuired taste, the world domination comedy bit..)

soundgarden said:
And yes, you really did miss out. I guarantee you that you will love this show. You MUST buy season 1.

If only I had the MONEY for that kind of thing... ;)

BTW, talking about the old Looney Tunes, my favorites are usually the Roadrunner cartoons.

But my other favorites are the ones that were used as World War II propaganda. I'm kind of a WWII buff, so I LOVE that kind of stuff.

Count Duckula, Rocket Robin Hood, Astro Boy, Duckman, Thundercats, Silver Hawks, Trans-Formers, GI-Joe, Orig. TMNT, MASK, Rocko's Modern Life, Inspector Gadget (the old one, not the stupid new one), The Simpsons, Family Guy, and, uhhh...JEM and the Rockers.

soundgarden said:
What made those cartoons great were not the visuals, but the story and the characters that lived those stories. I remember it would take several months to complete one story in which at the end of every episode I would wait for the "scenes from next week's episode."

Do you remember the long awaited love between Goliath and Eliza? I remember once Goliath flew to Eliza porch to tell her how he feels and he sees her kissing another guy. He cries the entire night on her porch until the sun comes up and he turns to stone while still crying. Beautiful....just fucking beautiful.

There is no cartoon today worth watching that tells great tales. I would love to have Gargoyles on a DVD so I can pass it on to my child.

Yay for enthusiastic fans - you're really into this stuff. And yeah, the way it took several months to complete one story is very cool. As well as the inclusion of all the characters from Shakespeare and all kinds of different mythology. It's like listening to Symphony X, only you're watching a cartoon. :D

By the way, it is rerunning... I forget which channel, it's close to Cartoon Network, late at night. Toon Disney maybe? They have old X-Men and all those awesome mid-90's cartoons on there.

Family Guy is implied in everyone's list, if they want it to be or not. american dad is no family guy, but its still pretty funny. simpsons, duh. transformers, gargoyles and of course Mighty Max. theres tons more. in the way of comic books, Calvin & Hobbes and Foxtrot > everything else.

Silent Song said:
actually its not.

i don't like family guy, american dad.

apparently you didnt see the "if they want it to be or not" part. you gotta go and disprove me like that. thanks. now i look like the jerk. :wave: :)

Rose Immortal said:
I actually don't watch enough TV to have even seen Family Guy.

look at my avatar...its a 1 year old baby smoking a cigarrete in a suit (while singing Rocketman). If thats not comedy then I don't know what is. You must make time for this show.