OT: Official Movie Thread!

Nemesis_lxix said:
Am I the only on who thought sin city was in fact shitty ?

No :)....... Actually i can't say this, because i didn't see it. But i know myself, and even if i'd see it, i'd probably fall asleep in the middle. I don't like comics, and the heroic stories.

Hey Silent Realm, I saw "Heaven" today. Cate Blanchet and Giovanni Ribissi. Have you seen it ? I like this movie, it is very slow but it tells something very deep. It is a love story that no one can dare to dream of.

RobbM said:
BLAPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
What is it to like about a chick with a sword waking into a room-killing everybody-pulling their eyes out-spreading guts all over the walls-killing some sadistic dude with a secret,lethal move and then live happily ever after with her child ?
The only thing worth remembering was the pussy wagon.

I mean,in the fist movie there was an animated part. FCOL !
The music was drilling inside my head.
It was like these oriental movies where people jump up and down and just kill entire armies by themselves.
Just give me a gun and let me be the bad guy for once.I will prove that dodging a bullet is not that easy !

The last movie I saw and really enjoyed was this…

enemyat.jpg

RobbM said:
What? Like Flowers in the Attic :p:heh: :lol:

Its soundtrack was very good, if you remember. But there is no resemblance with the scripts. It was transfered from a novel, "heaven" is an original work.

Nemesis_lxix said:
What is it to like about a chick with a sword waking into a room-killing everybody-pulling their eyes out-spreading guts all over the walls-killing some sadistic dude with a secret,lethal move and then live happily ever after with her child ?
It was like these oriental movies where people jump up and down and just kill entire armies by themselves.
Just give me a gun and let me be the bad guy for once.I will prove that dodging a bullet is not that easy !

The entire movie was an homage to the old classic (and cheesy) 60's and 70 martial arts films and great TV shows like Kung Fu, and of course, the all time greatest, Bruce Lee. If you didn't watch those movies, your not going to like Kill Bill, end of story. The Anime was just sick, loved it to death, probably my favorite part in the first movie, just that one scene when the girl is covered in blood and slowly looks over at the 2 goons that rushed in the room, still sends chills down my spine. And don't even get me started on GoGo Yubari, that was one of the best fights in the movie. Part 2 was awesome, Pai Mei is the shit, best character ever, I just wish there was more with him. A classic character from the B-movies. Funny thing too, the guy that plays him in KB, was the same guy that fought him back in the classic movie. It was also noted to in KBpt2 that Pai Mei was responsible for the sholin massacre in Kung Fu, with the story by the fire told by Bill, who we all know is David Carradine, who played in Kung Fu..

And nobody uses guns in those movies, its like a Jedi using a blaster to fight. It would be considered dishonorable and cowardly..

Yeah, the music was a bit annoying, but thats how it was back in the day, infact Quentin even used the same sound techniques that they used back in the day, you know, like wacking bambo sticks together, and breaking celery sticks and such, to get those classic fighting sounds.

SilentRealm said:
AGREED!! Who could not like Kill Bill? That movie is gold!!
To me, Kill Bill is the perfect movie. It gets to the action right away, all the characters are introduced very quickly, it's acted very well, with good actors also (Pai Mei :headbang:), the dialogue is awesome, and the Tarintino-ness of it makes it that much better!! And it's impossible to even compare Part 1 to Part 2, because they're both so good!!

The only movie to ever possibly compare to Kill Bill is....

Mortal Kombat. :lol:

did you know that the guy that played Pai Mei was the same guy who was the leader of the Crazy 88's, the guy that got his legs chopped off and fell into the pool...

Nemesis Ixix said:

what is there NOT to like in that??? :loco:

Nemesis_lxix said:

The last movie I saw and really enjoyed was this…

enemyat.jpg

that movie pwns, in fact i feel like renting it and watching it again