OT: Official Movie Thread!

Frank Miller is my god

he took Marvel's most gimmicky character Daredevil (blind guy beats up people that can see) and made him cool

he made Batman into the most psychological character DC comics has ever had

Miller's sin city comix/movie were great

Taking my kids to see PotC today..not thrilled to hear from everyone I know that it has a real obvious 'this is part two of three' vibe, as I much prefer a movie that can stand on its own. It's supposed to be good, nonetheless, so we shall see.

Jax,

Pirates was freegin awesome, I think you'll enjoy it! In my opinion it's the funnest summer movie we've had so far, and one of the more enjoyable blockbusters. Johnny Depp is just fantastic once again as ole' Capt. Jack. You'll be laughing at several scenes there.

I ended up seeing it last week when it first opened (the midnight showing) where people were dressed up as pirates. That's always a riot to be a part of. Have fun!

BTW,

They showed the Transformers trailer before Pirates. I am not a Michael Bay fan, but I am looking forward to this one. Seeing this movie will give such a nostalgic feeling and renewed sense of wonder, having grown up in the 80's with those toys.

It was a pritty cool movie. It did drag on a bit (it is like 2 1/2 hours) but the sick special effects make up for it.

And yeah, Transformers should be sick, I mean, Spielberg does have a hand in it so you know its not going to totally suck.

Yeah i used to have a transformer toy, it was a helicopter. I used to love it very much, but then ninja turtles came out, and i forgot transformers :)

I refuse to take part in that argument. Both Ninja Turtles and Transformers are too classic for me to choose.

Yeah, the toys will always divide us. Transformers were awesome, but Ninja Turtles were just so bizarrely different that they were that much cooler. And that movie? Must have seen it a million times (and gotten the cereal and all that stuff). Oh, what I put my poor parents through...

I don't mean to veer off the thread's subject, but does anyone remember M.A.S.K.? I think it was Kenner's response to Transformers. Those were so kick ass. I actually found a few of those toys on Ebay. The 80s return!

I don't know M.A.S.K but i remember "Thunder Cats" :) And "He-Man", this was my favorite. Its music was also awesome. I have it on mp3 :)

Perhaps the thread should be renamed to “official childhood cartoons thread” :lol:
I was into ninja turtles and the smurfs (Shut up ! the smurfs are cool and very metal-ish and can kick pokemon’s ass any time !)
And also power rangers (wee-wee !)

Anyway,I just saw Doom and it wasn’t that bad.
It also had an “shoot ‘em up” style part that made me wanna play unreal in the middle of the night.