OT - The World Cup, Anyone?

Vietnamesewalkingcatfish said:
That Spanish bastard really disgusted me.
Letting an inexperienced ref blow the whistle could lead to horrible outcome.... even hookers know about that!!:rolleyes:

Nice analogy :lol:.

We were actually kinda glad to have that ref initially cos he was the one that ref'd our final qualifying game against uraguay. And up until those final seconds he was actually ok :s.

Ghana is very good going forward and playing tight controlled passing inside the oppenents half, actually probably just as pacey as Brazil.. but they cant defend what-so-ever .. they are almost clueless in there own end. The score definitly didnt reflect how the game went... Ghana looked great. Brazil still has yet to impress me.. however Brazil doesnt have to play at 110% to be the best team on most nights.

Eternal Dragon said:
Nice analogy :lol:.

We were actually kinda glad to have that ref initially cos he was the one that ref'd our final qualifying game against uraguay. And up until those final seconds he was actually ok :s.

I didn't expect Aussies to get through to Germany (Sorry!),
because I didn't know at all about them and some uruguay players are playing in foreign league.
Ah, Kewell and Viduka also belong to Premier League!(Sorry again)
But its just amazing Aussie have stepped up to this high in less than a year.
I hope we don't have to fight against each other in next WorldCup preliminary.

I bet 3-0(includes 1 pen.) for ARG if they can score first and Heinze is good enough.
Abbondanzieri will block 9 out of 10 shots from outside the box!
(His performance in Boca is just awesome.)
Germany tends to make ends meet with their physical superiority especially in defence, not with skillful play.(That's why I don't like German style.)
This match is gonna be messy when Germans are panicked enough.:loco:

Argentina are on fire. That awesome goal where they passed it heaps then with the backwards heelflick onto the run of someone then into the goal..... that was one of my favourite goals ever. Sorry for my poor explanation but its hard to explain something of pure brilliance. Argentina will beat Brazil in the final ;).

I

Germany tends to make ends meet with their physical superiority especially in defence, not with skillful play.(That's why I don't like German style.)
Argentina are one of the dirtiest teams, alot of teams do not play fair once in defence, especially in South America they are known for playing dirty. Argentina usually play the legs instead of the ball. So to just say Germany are like that is ridiculous. Every team uses strength to get a ball. Argentina havn't really done much this World Cup, they drew with Holland, barley got past Ivory Coast. Serbia gave Argentina the game, and I cant comment on the Mexico Argentina match, it will definantly be a good match because I know what the Argentines are capable off doing.

I think Germany will win this, they ahve the home ground advantage and have impressed me more this World Cup, they play as a unit. Esepcially the strikers. If Messi gets a run I think the German defense will collapse. So it will be one heck of a game. 3 - 2 for Germany is my prediction.

My predictions:

In September... all of this will be forgotten because American football starts. ^_____^ (sorry all you European guys, only a joke)

In all seriousness though, American football is the only sport I care about.

Bryant

I didn't say anything like "Germans are dirty" or "sly" etc.
At least I didn't mean to.
I was just refering to their tendency.
Because of that I don't like their play style. That's it.

cro4eva said:
Argentina are one of the dirtiest teams, alot of teams do not play fair once in defence, especially in South America they are known for playing dirty. Argentina usually play the legs instead of the ball. So to just say Germany are like that is ridiculous. Every team uses strength to get a ball.

Yeah exactly, ARG is very very dirty squad. No doubt
about that.:lol:
They always grab opponent's shirt, act like being tripped, tread on other's boot...
Too many to name all of that!
But I love ARG's spectacle and intelligent plays. They are so attractive for me.
Additionally, just being clever doesn't bring you a victory, and "A>B, B>C, so A>C" theory doesn't always work in football.
Football is not that easy, result is decided by numerous factors.
Maybe GER beats ARG as you say. It's quite possible. And vice versa is also true.

Relax & enjoy, it's only football.

Bryant said:
My predictions:

In September... all of this will be forgotten because American football starts. ^_____^ (sorry all you European guys, only a joke)

In all seriousness though, American football is the only sport I care about.

Bryant

I like to keep an open mind about these things, but seriously I have no idea why anyone could like that game. Could you please enlighten me??? This is why I havent liked the few (grand finals, which is all we get here) games I've seen....

*Its damn slow!!! They keep stopping play for ages and it drives me insane.
*They wear padding and tights. Anyone seeing that for the first time would laugh..... a lot. :lol:
*They call it football. This is probably the one football code that lives up to its name the least.

Ummm, thats about it. It seems like a very simple game really, and I just dont get it. Could it be that people like it just because of the hype that is put on it???

I'm not trying to bag out your sport, but it just doesnt make any sense.

Do you even watch football? Having watched Germany they are far from the old cliched physical force with no skill that was apparant during the Rudi Voller years.

Phillip Lahm, Micheal Ballack, Bastian Schweinstiger, Bernd Schnieder, Lukas Podolski and Miroslav Klose all have fantastic technique but if you only tune in once every four years you wouldn't know that would you. Germany have been one of the best teams to watch and that's coming from an Englishman who's had to watch the crap were playing at the moment.

Yeah exactly, ARG is very very dirty squad. No doubt
about that.:lol:
They always grab opponent's shirt, act like being tripped, tread on other's boot...
Too many to name all of that!
But I love ARG's spectacle and intelligent plays. They are so attractive for me.
Additionally, just being clever doesn't bring you a victory, and "A>B, B>C, so A>C" theory doesn't always work in football.
Football is not that easy, result is decided by numerous factors.
Maybe GER beats ARG as you say. It's quite possible. And vice versa is also true.

Relax & enjoy, it's only football.

Well then I misunderstood, but I find that sort of contradictive, any who it doesn;t matter.

PS Its not just football :p

Alexander*_Reborn said:
Do you even watch football? Having watched Germany they are far from the old cliched physical force with no skill that was apparant during the Rudi Voller years.

Phillip Lahm, Micheal Ballack, Bastian Schweinstiger, Bernd Schnieder, Lukas Podolski and Miroslav Klose all have fantastic technique but if you only tune in once every four years you wouldn't know that would you. Germany have been one of the best teams to watch and that's coming from an Englishman who's had to watch the crap were playing at the moment.

I think my "not with skillful play" part still leaves some room for misunderstanding, so I'll retract this remark because I didn't mean put down german players. In fact some of them are good as you say.
But listing up every single cons and pros about both squads and say something like "A's play is exellent, but B's are far from that" for my defence is last thing I want to do. That is Kicker's task. Not mine.
I don't like your "Are you blind?" like comment. But I don't want to cause trouble any more so I am OK with that.

I'm rather exhausted than devastated, so I'm going to cry like an idiot tomorrow.:cry:
And Congrats Germany.

Hi, I'm back just to bitch about it.... :cry: :rolleyes:

That f!@#$ing referee stole the game from us. He f@#$ing owe us 2 CLEAR penaltys! We were robbed exactly like in Italy'90, where that other f@!##ing referee did the same f!@#$ing thing to us!:mad:

And we played MUCH BETTER than Germany, and I would like to hear the reasons anyone disagreeing. Sadly, our F@#$@#$@#$@#$ING coach didn't put Saviola or Messi or Aimar. He instead switched two idiots named Cambiasso and Cruz, who are no comparison. He was f!@#@ing married to Riquelme and Crespo, who haven't been working as much as we hoped they would, but still he let them in in every game.:erk:

So there. I blame our COACH first, then the REFEREE, and then our two players Riquelme and Crespo. Germany shouldn't have been a problem. :err:

Back to studying...
see ya later...
Go Romeo Go!
:headbang:

It's a pity that Argentina went down, I would have wanted a final between ARG and Brazil.

Hope it's not gunna be another Germany - Brazil final...