OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riehlthing said:
Hey, I am alive....been sick...not sars thank god, but god it's sucked. And I read everything I missed too...so have still read everything on this board.

Welcome back. Glad you're alive.

You picked it, not me. I was for once in my life trying not to offend. :p But fine. Mental it is... :D

True dat... But for the replier's sake, you can all call me mental or mm or meltdown or sex god or... wait, I think that last one was inspired by Thra:rofl:ude - scratch it! :lol:

EGO BOOST: last night I showed up for my grad school class and the prof said "Tatman, don't bother comin' back the rest of the semester!" I was like uh, what did I do? He said, "there is no way you are gonna get anything less than A, so take the next month off." That was a nice feeling, no final, no term paper, you get an A, go home. :)

EGO BOOST: last night I showed up for my grad school class and the prof said "Tatman, don't bother comin' back the rest of the semester!" I was like uh, what did I do? He said, "there is no way you are gonna get anything less than A, so take the next month off." That was a nice feeling, no final, no term paper, you get an A, go home. :)

That's nice. I already forgot what it was like to have final exams and term papers ... and it's only been 4 months since I've graduated.

I thought I was done in 2001 when I got my bachelors, then a year later I was dragged kicking and screaming into Grad school. I've found grad school to actually be much easier than undergrad, it is just soooooo much more expensive. I guess that is why they don't kill you with work, they don't wanna fail anyone who is paying $400 a credit hour!!

Actually, I still have to take a couple of courses to get my Canadian CPA - but they're kinda too far from my mind now + they're correspondence courses so no biggie eh?

Hmmm, actually I do remember what it was like studying for the finals: no sleep, no rest, tons of coffee, spending hours on a financial analysis problem just to see that the solution to it was before your eyes all the time... priceless.

Then again, Ronald Reagan was a renowned economics and finance expert ... NOT!
Only in US can a former actor or a cokehead-turned-MLB-team-owner become a president..maybe Canada. :)

Ronald Reagan actually did major in economics. I think he understood it too. After all, he read Hayek. George Bush Sr. majored in it too, and I don't think he had a clue.

Only in America can someone like Monica Lewinsky host her own TV show. What the hell?

TD said:
I thought I was done in 2001 when I got my bachelors, then a year later I was dragged kicking and screaming into Grad school. I've found grad school to actually be much easier than undergrad, it is just soooooo much more expensive. I guess that is why they don't kill you with work, they don't wanna fail anyone who is paying $400 a credit hour!!
My friend is getting paid to go to graduate school by the school, on top of them giving him a full scholarship. Lucky bastard. He graduated from Whitman College and is going to Washington University in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.