OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riehlthing said:
You should get the special edition, it rules. I have both and will get both of the other 2 yet to be released. I'm a huge LOTR fan...Silmarillion was cool too.

I never watch bonus materials on DVDs. I'll watch deleted scenes and outtakes, but I don't go for that behind the scenes crap. I don't have time for it. I barely have time to watch the movie itself. The only reason I buy DVDs is because they don't need to be rewound. And my DVD player is locked up in my entertainment center, whereas my VCR is out in the open and waiting for my son to stuff things in it.

I also had a couple pages to read to catch up. Thank you bastards for not slacking! :D

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
I never watch bonus materials on DVDs. I'll watch deleted scenes and outtakes, but I don't go for that behind the scenes crap. I don't have time for it. I barely have time to watch the movie itself. The only reason I buy DVDs is because they don't need to be rewound. And my DVD player is locked up in my entertainment center, whereas my VCR is out in the open and waiting for my son to stuff things in it.

I also had a couple pages to read to catch up. Thank you bastards for not slacking! :D
the special edition has the deleted scenes added into the movie, i haven't even watched all of the behind the scenes stuff for that
but the deleted scenes in the movie were pretty cool. you hear the language of mordor.

Riehlthing said:
the special edition has the deleted scenes added into the movie, i haven't even watched all of the behind the scenes stuff for that
but the deleted scenes in the movie were pretty cool. you hear the language of mordor.

It took me three different days, over two weeks, to watch LOTR. Throw in more shit, and it would take me 8 days, over two months to see it all. That's too much pressure. Especially when I'd have my husband going, "Did you watch it yet? What are you waiting for? You have to see it, it's really good" every day of my life til I watched it just to shut him up. Cause that's what he did last time.

Yeah, what really sucked was the second day I was watching it, it was late and I was tired and I didn't feel like staying up for another hour and a half to finish it. So the next time I went to watch it, he's like, "Where did you leave off?" And I told him and he started laughing and I was like "What?" And he goes "That's like 20 minutes from the end! You should have just finished it." Like I knew what the end was, or something. He watches movies all the time, but he also has the luxury of going to bed hours before I do, because I've got kids to put in bed and dishes to put away and laundry to fold.

No. I didn't even try. Tonya was born 12/4. It came out sometime around then. If I couldn't leave her at 5 1/2 months for Anthrax, I certainly couldn't have left her at 2 weeks for a movie that would be even longer. That's what video is for, anyway.

I might go see it. Right now I'm trying to find time to see American Wedding. I don't have anything planned past that. Although I would (obviously) have to watch Two Towers beforehand, so that would take some fancy time-management on my part...

I've never gotten one that didn't work at all, but I do know that my DVD player in the living room is more sensitive to scratches than the one in the bedroom. This does not bode well for my son, who has the scratchiest DVDs, and is only allowed to watch them in the living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.