OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are at work, not in my house. :lol: Outside of San Antonio, Texas.

Remington, it's illeagle to kill this kind, otherwise I would, gladly.

We have scorpians here too, but I can deal with them. They don't bite their own kind. :D

hey, I didn't know you were in san antonio...you shoulda gone to the Anthrax show in McAllen, you coulda got their autograph maybe...lupe and I did...if I had had enough money, I would've gone to the San Antonio show too.

Riehlthing said:
We have bats here...when I graduated, or commencement was outside and we had a couple bats fly above us...they're not uncommon here.

North of here there is a bat cave. On the news at night when they show the radar you can see them. There are millions of them. I don't mind that they exist, just not right above my fucking office. One good thing about this though, if we don't get rid of them in the next day or two, I wont be able to come to work. The fumes from them make me very sick.

Congrats Brat!! :headbang: :headbang:

I was going to go to the SA show, but I thought it was on a dif. day and made plans out of town. By the time I realized, it was too late to change things around. :(

Metal Maiden said:
North of here there is a bat cave. On the news at night when they show the radar you can see them. There are millions of them. I don't mind that they exist, just not right above my fucking office. One good thing about this though, if we don't get rid of them in the next day or two, I wont be able to come to work. The fumes from them make me very sick.
We just have a small amount...not a huge amount of them around...it's not uncommon to drive here and night through town and avoid raccoons...
San Antonio's a bit dif...the city of interstates...they have enough there? Damn!

That sounds right...I don't even know where Killeen is...I'm going to fly back down there sometime soon hopefully. My friends in Beeville and I were going to go to uh...South Padre Island? I think that's what it's called...

Bracken Cave is home to the world's largest bat colony! Each year, some 20 million Mexican free-tailed bats gather here to give birth and rear their young. Their emergence from the cave each evening is one of the most spectacular sights in nature. Each summer night, the bats spread across thousands of square miles, flying over towns and farmland and consuming more than 200 tons of night-flying insects.
BCI purchased Bracken Cave in 1991 to ensure protection of this critical bat habitat. Since then, local BCI members, Boy Scout troops, and the Bexar County (San Antonio, TX area) Caving Grotto of the National Speleological Society have volunteered thousands of hours maintaining the site and adding such amenities as interpretive signs, benches, protective fences, and even a privy.

Status
Not open for further replies.