OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nafnikufesin said:
Hey, TD, haven't seen you post in this thread in a long time. Don't worry, you haven't missed anything. Well, maybe the whole shower scene... :D

I actually had to stop and think what the hell you were talking about, and I'm the one that started the shower scene. This thread is just way out of control. :lol:

pot is not my thing,first couple of times was great but after that it was so fucking boring,beer is my choice,one of my mates smokes so much and i just feel like saying to him get a grip dude,dont let pot live your life!

besides beer is the most economical these days,25 to 30 bucks for 24 beers is pretty damn good.

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
My husband has wanted to turn her in for years now but his mom keeps begging him not to. I wanted to turn her in myself last year when she left her stash where my son got into it. Luckily for everyone involved, he's the type of kid who hands over everything he finds that isn't a cookie.

I think I might have had to turn her in, also. That would just piss me off to no end. I mean, to each his own, but don't you dare affect my kids with what you do. I am not into pot, but I have friends who are. They just better not be doing any of that shit around my kids or I'll have to sick Pinhead on them.

I drank more before I turned 21 than I have since then. When I was 16 there was a club that never carded me, so I was a regular on the weekends. Now I might have a drink once or twice a year.

Metal Maiden said:
I drank more before I turned 21 than I have since then. When I was 16 there was a club that never carded me, so I was a regular on the weekends. Now I might have a drink once or twice a year.

Me too. I drank all the time in high school. My husband got me so sick on my 21st bday, I've had one drink since then and that was almost 4 years ago. I'm just not into it.

I take after both of my mom's. I've only seen each of them drunk once. Although my real mom drinks more now than when I was little, she doesn't drink till she is drunk. I don't ever want my daughter to see me drunk.

GASOLINEDREAM said:
I think I might have had to turn her in, also. That would just piss me off to no end. I mean, to each his own, but don't you dare affect my kids with what you do. I am not into pot, but I have friends who are. They just better not be doing any of that shit around my kids or I'll have to sick Pinhead on them.

Yeah, it was on a plate, under the sink. My son opened the cabinet, took out the plate, and handed it to my husband. I was standing right there. My son ran off to play and my husband and I just stood there staring at each other with our mouths open. When his sister walked in and he asked what the fuck, she said they left it there because my nephew never gets into the cabinet! He was 2! Come on now. If they're not locked, a 2-year-old is getting in.

We didn't even talk to her for six months after that. My mother-in-law is very much in denial about the situation, which is why she's always begging my husband not to do anything. She's also afraid of my nephews ending up in foster care, but they try to place them with family first, and I would take them in.

So we've made it a policy that neither of our children will ever be in that house without one or both of us there with them, i.e. no sleepovers with their cousins. The boys can come here if they want.

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Me too. I drank all the time in high school. My husband got me so sick on my 21st bday, I've had one drink since then and that was almost 4 years ago. I'm just not into it.

I'm surprised the kids haven't driven you to drinking. LOL. :D

I don't drink a ton, but I definitely do it every few weeks now. My friends got me sick on my 30th earlier this year. That was a joy!

Metal Maiden said:
I take after both of my mom's. I've only seen each of them drunk once. Although my real mom drinks more now than when I was little, she doesn't drink till she is drunk. I don't ever want my daughter to see me drunk.

I have to watch myself. My dad is a borderline alcoholic. I think it's in my genes. My grandfather's both drank too much and my one smoked himself to death--emphysema and all, So, I don't smoke at all and I watch the drinking.

My mom doesn't drink much but when she has a few she's a blast.

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Yeah, it was on a plate, under the sink. My son opened the cabinet, took out the plate, and handed it to my husband. I was standing right there. My son ran off to play and my husband and I just stood there staring at each other with our mouths open. When his sister walked in and he asked what the fuck, she said they left it there because my nephew never gets into the cabinet! He was 2! Come on now. If they're not locked, a 2-year-old is getting in.

We didn't even talk to her for six months after that. My mother-in-law is very much in denial about the situation, which is why she's always begging my husband not to do anything. She's also afraid of my nephews ending up in foster care, but they try to place them with family first, and I would take them in.

So we've made it a policy that neither of our children will ever be in that house without one or both of us there with them, i.e. no sleepovers with their cousins. The boys can come here if they want.

Good policy. I'd keep my kids away too. Some people floor me. Some just piss me off.

GASOLINEDREAM said:
i must admit, I love beer, and Jager. I diodn't drink when I was in high school. It was some time in college I started socially. Now, I actually enjoy the flavor of beer.
I never met a beer I didn't like.

Unfortunately, the Toronto Festival of Beer is going on this weekend, and here I am in Edmonton. Yet another thing I'm going to have to organize myself in Edmonton.

Status
Not open for further replies.