OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another useless comment - today wasn't any better than yesterday. I never went tanning or worked out today dammit! I had stopped at wally world to scan some pictures onto a disk for this guy I like. Well anyways, the machines were down so the clerk had to reboot the scanner for me and I had like 20 pictures to do, I finished them all but by the time they were done I had no more time to do anything and had to go straight home. (Unfortunately, where I live there is snow and ice on the ground and I don't like to drive after dark) enough said - thanx for listening folks.:D

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
First, I have to say that my father-in-law plays favorites with his kids. My husband has been the favorite for almost a year now. It's total bullshit and everyone tells him to knock it off, but he's been that way all their lives. That said...

A week or so ago, my father-in-law asked my sister-in-law (his daughter) what her boys wanted for Christmas, so she gave him a list. He then told her he "couldn't be bothered" with that, he's just sending a check. So he gets on msn messenger today, and asks me if Tonya's birthday is this weekend. No, it's on Thursday, her party is this weekend. So he says, "Oh, I better get something in the mail then, huh?" Well, whatever, man. He asks what she likes. She's one, she likes everything. So again, he's just sending a check. Yeah, whatever. I don't care about his money.

Anyway, then he starts asking me what to get the kids for Christmas, he's been looking for fire truck stuff for Joe but hasn't found any, blah blah blah. So basically, he "can't be bothered" to go to the store and then the post office for my nephews, but he'll do it for my kids, which is total bullshit. If he wants to be pissed at his daughter for whatever reason, don't take it out on her kids. Those boys haven't done anything to anyone.

So here we have a grown man, in his fifties, thinking he can just throw a check at something to make it better. And now I have to lie about whether or not I get a package or a check from him to prevent her from getting even more upset with him.

Oh, and one more thing. He keeps sending all the kids money to get a savings bond for their birthdays. But he won't get off his ass and go get one himself, because apparently there's no bank in Michigan that sells them. :rolleyes: Fuck him. I buy what my kids need/want, not a piece of paper that might be worth what we paid for it in ten years.

Okay, I am done for now, and yes I do feel better. Thank you. :D
You should e-mail him and say, "Wow! I went to some random messageboard and some one on there also has a son named "Joe", who's granpa wants to give a fire truck! What a coincidence!"
And send him the link to this page of the thread.
(Be sure to also tell him not to read the posts by "Thra:rofl:ude" on this page, cause that might give it away.)

ThraxDude said:
You should e-mail him and say, "Wow! I went to some random messageboard and some one on there also has a son named "Joe", who's granpa wants to give a fire truck! What a coincidence!"
And send him the link to this page of the thread.
(Be sure to also tell him not to read the posts by "Thra:rofl:ude" on this page, cause that might give it away.)
He's just an ass. Actually, the whole thing is fishy, because I don't even know for sure how bad things are with him and the sister-in-law because they both lie so damn much. I'm just irritated that this asswipe is playing favorites. My grandparents favored my cousins over me and my sister, and I know how it sucks. It's not right to put my nephews through that, just because he has the maturity level of a child.

If this shit continues, his checks will be returned uncashed and he can kiss my ass. If my husband wants to deal with his shit, he can, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let this asshole come between my kids and their cousins. They're too young for it now, but there will be some resentment growing if this continues over the years.

I never had resentment towards my sisters. But one of my sisters had a problem with the other one. They are the same age and I am 3 years younger. I think it depends on the child and how close in age the kids are.

I know. I was always more upset with my grandparents than with my cousins. Unfortunately, my nephews are very spoiled, especially the youngest. They won't be able to handle it. I think my kids could, if their roles were reversed, but the boys don't like the world not revolving around them.

I don't want anyone to hurt themselves laughing when you read this, but, I think I pulled a muscle in my jaw from coughing so damn hard. :lol: It really hurts and I can't think of anything else I've done to cause it.

Metal Maiden said:
I don't want anyone to hurt themselves laughing when you read this, but, I think I pulled a muscle in my jaw from coughing so damn hard. :lol: It really hurts and I can't think of anything else I've done to cause it.
I've pulled a muscle in my back from coughing, but never my jaw. You sure you're not doing anything kinky over there?? ;)

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.