OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nafnikufesin-
Did you read The Talisman?
You should read that before Black House. Although The Talisman is not great.
Black House is fucking excellent!!

Christine
Carrie
Four Past Midnight
Everything's Eventual
Needful Things
Pet Semetary

and I bought books 2-5 of the Dune series. Can finally finish the series. Keep trying to find them, but bookstores here are lame and don't have them. Had to go to Portland to get them.

Originally posted by nafnikufesin
Yeah, I did. I liked it, although I thought the ending was kind of weak (maybe the sequel makes up for it?)

Black House is really good. It makes up for the end of The Talisman.
It's even better if you've read all the Dark Tower books. You know, the books about the guy with the "squint-eyed grin and stubbled chin...[who] rides through history".

Have you read those too?

"The Stand" is King's Best, with "It" being a close second.

I have read "The Stand" 20+ times and the book always amazes me! One book I wish he would write a sequel to!

I'm reading the 2nd book of the Dune series currently. Started Christine (first King book I ever owned and it shows that it was, so had to buy a new copy). Christine is maybe my favorite. The Dark Tower series is great though. And Black House was awesome. Definitely made up for the Talisman.
The 2nd Dune book is weird, but it's good. Interesting to see where it goes from here.

Originally posted by vomit
"The Stand" is King's Best, with "It" being a close second.

I have read "The Stand" 20+ times and the book always amazes me! One book I wish he would write a sequel to!

Agree, The Stand is excellent. Thats the book i always take with me when i'm travelling. What do you think of the movie?

(Teh win)

:Smug:

Originally posted by Thra:rofl:ude
Black House is really good. It makes up for the end of The Talisman.
It's even better if you've read all the Dark Tower books. You know, the books about the guy with the "squint-eyed grin and stubbled chin...[who] rides through history".

Have you read those too?
I read up to "The Waste Lands" hoping it would get better. I bought "Wizard & Glass" thinking "Well, I've made it this far, I might as well finish it", but when I started to read and found that I still didn't give a shit about the characters, I said fuck it, life is too short to read books I don't care about. I just haven't found the series very engaging.

In a lot of ways, Wizard & Glass is the longest book I've ever read. I got done thinking it was the ultimate story of hindsight being 20/20. I had to give Thra:rofl:ude book reports. :D I am looking forward to the next one, but I've got enough I could read in the meantime that I'm not dying for it just yet.

I love Stephen King.
Some folks say he's not original. But I think he's the best author there is when it comes to creating realistic characters. Characters that you care about.
Even in the Dark Tower series, naf...:D
I've even got choked up when reading some of his kick ass stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.