OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MT442 - they're not bad after take off - just where your seat belt all the time if you get a little nervous and keep as much booze going as possible than eat everything they give you.

DarbysDad said:
cool I saw a show on Chile a couple weeks back on PBS - good wine country from what I saw. Have fun and flirt with the hot ladies for me.
Looking forward to drinking Chilean red wines for a month...some of the best cabernet sauvignons come from Chile, and its cheaper than water down there (probably safer too)

DarbysDad said:
MT442 - they're not bad after take off - just where your seat belt all the time if you get a little nervous and keep as much booze going as possible than eat everything they give you.

Yeah man I've been fucking afraid of planes since like as long as I can remember. I've only been on a plane once. It was only a two hour flight, and right after that Sept. 11 happen. Yeah now I would never go on a plane.

I took my first flight in 20 years this summer when I went to Anchorage. It wasn't that bad (well, except for that hour of turbulance). The only thing that bothered me was the descent. I got really sick on that. Other than that, I was o'kay. I kept myself occupied by listening to my MP3 player and watching a movie. On the flight I took, you could rent these personal movie players for $10. It was worth it b/c it took my mind off things. (It was a 6+ hour flight)

Planes aren't bad at all...If it is going to crash then "oh well" it was my time.. Also, chances are if I am on plane then I will probably be well snockered too:kickass: . So that means I will die a happy death:D

nafnikufesin said:
Besides the plane could just as easily kill you on the ground if it falls on you when it crashes, so even if you never get on a plane in your life, you could still die in a firey plane crash.

Exactly. My dad had drove on this very highway to visit a friend about an hour and a half before this happened. Can you imagine seeing a plane coming down from the sky to land on the freeway?o_O That would freak me out. Luckily no one got hurt
fwland.gif

A single engine airplane, that was forced to make a landing on Interstate 75 in Allen Park, Mich., is placed on a tow truck Monday. The pilot managed to merge into traffic in the southbound lanes, and there were no injuries, said Lt. Michael Boyd of the Southgate Fire Department.
The Associated Press

http://www.eagleherald.com/nfrw1220.asp

just dont watch those aircrash investigator shows anytime before your flight,i have only been on 1 to 2 hour flights,i would have a harder time spending 14 hours on a plane,that would def worry me more lol,and for the people that are shit scared of flying just remember if your numbers on the board than so be it.

Wow!! The longest flight I have been on is 5 and a half hours. I can't imagine being in a plane for 22 hours especially with two young children to tend to. You are going to be dead tired by the time you get there and probably need at least a day to just recuperate. It will be totally worth it though and I would go in a second if I had the chance. You are going to have to upload some pics of your trip when you get back. I'll keep "the last word" for you while are gone:D

Status
Not open for further replies.