OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always a "special addition" DVD to every movie. Some of them are actually worth the twenty dollars, but most of them just rip you of your money.

Woo-hoo!! Sick again. Might actually need the doctor this time. I think I'm brewing a wicked ear infection (or two).

Came home from work early, got in my jammies, and found out the new jammies that I got for Christmas and only wore and washed once have a nice big rip in the seam on the left leg. Bastards. Haven't changed yet, though. I look silly enough in my jacket inside for anyone to notice my pants.

MetalThrasher442 said:
There's always a "special addition" DVD to every movie. Some of them are actually worth the twenty dollars, but most of them just rip you of your money.

Honestly, I rarely ever watch any of the extra stuff on DVDs. Especially the commentary. Except for on Kevin Smith movies. Those are hilarious.

remington69 said:
Honestly, I rarely ever watch any of the extra stuff on DVDs. Especially the commentary. Except for on Kevin Smith movies. Those are hilarious.

Agreed. Especially on Dogma. I usually don't watch extra crap on DVDs, either. I watched it for The Two Towers, but skipped it on the other two. Haven't bothered with Star Wars, or anything else, for that matter. I barely have time to watch TV, let alone any movies. I definitely don't have time for extra stuff. Unless someone tells me it's a must-watch. And even then I consider the source, first.

I watch deleted scenes, outtakes, and sometimes the featurettes depending on the movie and what its about. I almost never watch with the commentary unless there's a damn good reason to i.e. Spinal Tap with "commentary" is like getting to watch a whole new movie...genius!

remington69 said:
I just found out that due to funding issues, my boss is leaving the University. So, come July when my contract expires, I'll have to get a new job. Boo!

Guess I'll have to update the resumé.
That sucks. Will you be looking for another lab at the University, or spreading your wings outside the institution?

Arg_Hamster said:
I went cross-contry skiing för the first time in like 14 years today. It was pretty fun and I only fell on my ass two times!
I prefer downhill myself, but haven't skiied in ages. In fact, my skis are still in my parents basement, indicating just how many times I've skiied since I got married.

nafnikufesin said:
I watch deleted scenes, outtakes, and sometimes the featurettes depending on the movie and what its about. I almost never watch with the commentary unless there's a damn good reason to i.e. Spinal Tap with "commentary" is like getting to watch a whole new movie...genius!

I forgot deleted scenes. I've watched many of those. Sometimes, it makes the movie better and you wonder why it was taken out (most likely time constraints, but still). Outtakes, depends on the movie. But I don't bother with "making of" type things unless I'm dying to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.