OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miltbrand said:
It´s official! I´m back in the army.

I´m starting march 1 in an artillery radar section, and I´ll be there until either june or october, where I´ll start the training for an international mission. If I´m going in august I don´t know exactly where I´ll be going, but probably northern Afghanistan. If I´m going in november it´s gonna be to southern Afghanistan...

So I don´t think you´ll be seeing me around here much from march 1.
You'll be missed. Wish you all the best.

Miltbrand said:
It´s official! I´m back in the army.

I´m starting march 1 in an artillery radar section, and I´ll be there until either june or october, where I´ll start the training for an international mission. If I´m going in august I don´t know exactly where I´ll be going, but probably northern Afghanistan. If I´m going in november it´s gonna be to southern Afghanistan...

So I don´t think you´ll be seeing me around here much from march 1.

Stay safe man. I was US Army for 4 years and I was fortunate that I never had to ship out anywhere. I'll be thinking about you.
'Yer pal,
Clay

I read in my newspaper that Chicago's airport is running out of room? What are the plans? Beats the hell out of my airport. It is litereally a corn firled with a tower and a garage turned into a hangar.

metal_thrashing_kansan said:
I read in my newspaper that Chicago's airport is running out of room? What are the plans? Beats the hell out of my airport. It is litereally a corn firled with a tower and a garage turned into a hangar.
Both O'hare and Midway are looking to expand. O'hare needs more runways to reduce their delay times. And Midway needs a longer runway so planes don't run off the end like the one did in December. Unfortunately, both airports are surrounded by residential areas. So, by the power of eminant domain, they want to buy a bunch of those houses and tear them down.

They are calling for snow here around noon Saturday. That sucks, I was planning on going to Baltimore Saturday now I might have to cancel. Good thing I've got plenty of beer and smokes here.

remington69 said:
Both O'hare and Midway are looking to expand. O'hare needs more runways to reduce their delay times. And Midway needs a longer runway so planes don't run off the end like the one did in December. Unfortunately, both airports are surrounded by residential areas. So, by the power of eminant domain, they want to buy a bunch of those houses and tear them down.

Eminent domain is total bullshit.

yeah. a bunch a folks lossed houses here in LA due to eminent domain, so they could build the 105 Fwy, which took years to build while houses stood empty. Watch the movie Suburbia - those are some of the houses.

And people are stupid. driving on a 2 lane highway where it has turnouts and signs saying delay of 5 vehicles must use turnouts, a car going 40 mph with 3 semi's, and 11 cars following it did not use the turnout.

Status
Not open for further replies.