OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And with Eminent domain - you're supposed to receive fair market value but I heard it's not even close. What if the government doesn't pay off your loan. Do you move in with the Mayor, Govenor or the Pres himself?

remington69 said:
It's snowing here. I hope it stops by the time I leave this afternoon. Snow + rush hour + Chicago expressways = Sucky
It was hot as hell here in Chile today. Mighty fine beer drinking weather. We´re back in Concepcion after a 4-day trip to Pucon, which is a big tourist location with volcanoes and lakes. Lots of hotties in short skirts and more beer. It´s all good. :D

You´re all talking about highways, and what not.
You know, everybody always thinks of Germany as the Autobahn country, but actually, Denmark already has more motorway/autobahn/highway pr person in all EU! And we are building more as we speak. So if you wan´t to cruise....

remington69 said:
Both O'hare and Midway are looking to expand. O'hare needs more runways to reduce their delay times. And Midway needs a longer runway so planes don't run off the end like the one did in December. Unfortunately, both airports are surrounded by residential areas. So, by the power of eminant domain, they want to buy a bunch of those houses and tear them down.

I work in a law firm and my attorney does condemnations for one department of the state government. This group bought some houses and ran out of money so they cannot start the project that they bought the houses for. So now there are a bunch of abandoned buildings in this one town and vagrants are starting to live in them. What a shitty situation.

DarbysDad said:
And with Eminent domain - you're supposed to receive fair market value but I heard it's not even close. What if the government doesn't pay off your loan. Do you move in with the Mayor, Govenor or the Pres himself?

I have heard of that stuff. The only comparison I have is in Kansas, the gov't will buy your crop land and pay you not to farm it, but the subsidies and stuff from it dont even compare to the money one could make if they actually farmed it. I pity Chicago though, and all those people that possibly might lose their homes. I was reading that they want to be fair to the people and are currently working out something "so we both are happy." So sayeth the Big Wigs in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.