OT: Your Top 3 "Most beautiful girls"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well simply stated because the real me is not like the real you. That's what the difference is. I still see your outlook as a 'playboy' type. You say you'd stay faithful to her, and yet you also say you tell them upfront you date other women. Contradiction? Sorry but I think your advice only suitable for people looking to get some.

Kenneth R. said:
Well simply stated because the real me is not like the real you. That's what the difference is. I still see your outlook as a 'playboy' type. You say you'd stay faithful to her, and yet you also say you tell them upfront you date other women. Contradiction? Sorry but I think your advice only suitable for people looking to get some.

I don't say it to women I'd actually find datable. If I meet a woman who can earn my respect, I will remain exclusive to her. It's actually very honest if I tell a woman who I have no interest in long-term what I really feel. I cut through all the bullshit and eliminate the pretenses so there's no confusion. Trust me, I've had much more fulfilling relationships with 1 partner than I have with several one-time flings, and in the end, I'm more or less looking for that one woman who's so amazing that she will settle me down, but finding someone that rare is... well it's hardly a walk in the park.

I'll spell it out:

You think dudes who sell their souls for women are manipulative, and foolish at the same time. They try to buy love and pretend to be someone else in order to maintain their status.

This much I agree with you about. That sort of philosophy just does not last.

You then propose your method of 'telling it straight' and treating women as if they were male friends, in order to attract their attention to your disinterest. I do not honestly believe this is your natural status, since you say you seek someone who will be worth hanging on to.

Thus you put on your own facade, the one you use to get chicks. The only manner in which your way is better is it doesn't cost money, but you are achieving the same end with the same deception. Or perhaps you really are like this, and in that case you'd be a manipulative prick who keeps a journal of his exploits, which adds to the creepy factor.

It should not be about getting your way or her getting her way. As soon as it is, it's as good as over. Maybe that's why you haven't found the right one yet. It should be about finding the way together. Completing each other, not warring with each other for control. Love is not a battle.

Kenneth R. said:
I'll spell it out:

You think dudes who sell their souls for women are manipulative, and foolish at the same time. They try to buy love and pretend to be someone else in order to maintain their status.

This much I agree with you about. That sort of philosophy just does not last.

You then propose your method of 'telling it straight' and treating women as if they were male friends, in order to attract their attention to your disinterest. I do not honestly believe this is your natural status, since you say you seek someone who will be worth hanging on to.

Thus you put on your own facade, the one you use to get chicks. The only manner in which your way is better is it doesn't cost money, but you are achieving the same end with the same deception. Or perhaps you really are like this, and in that case you'd be a manipulative prick who keeps a journal of his exploits, which adds to the creepy factor.

It's about letting go of your desires, not putting up a facade of disinterest. It's not deception at all. I tell them that I'm not interested in a long-term relationship or anything like that and I treat them like a human being. I'm not trying to bring attention disinterest, it's what naturally happens and it usually escalates to them coming onto me only if they like what they see. I'm not forcing anything onto them. I'm showing them who I am and they can take it or leave it, but guess what they usually do since no other man has the balls to show their true selves? Yeah. Oh and I don't understand how this can't be my natural status since I'm looking for someone worth hanging onto. If a woman doesn't pique my interest, I'll tell her that I'm not looking for anything serious, but if she does, I won't say that. Please help me understand the illogic in this?

It should not be about getting your way or her getting her way. As soon as it is, it's as good as over. Maybe that's why you haven't found the right one yet. It should be about finding the way together. Completing each other, not warring with each other for control. Love is not a battle.

And I never said it was about getting your way or her getting her way. It's about never letting anyone walk all over you. Seriously, if your wife remodels your house bright pink, what's that say? "Oh, but I love her, so it's okay." No it's not. If you don't like something, you shouldn't put up with it because you're "in love". That's how unhealthy relationships start.

Kronikle66 said:
Cool, then I'm done here. I can't stand the drama llama.
thats funny since you're the one being melodramatic :lol:

you just seem to have a vendetta against women or something. should men let women walk all over them? duh... never? That much is 101 dude. Should you then in your vengeful state reverse the situation and act all badass just to get chicks, saying look I just want sex, and I'm not gonna treat you like you're special. Well if that works for you, I don't envy you because those women were foolish to buy into your crap. You truly are a prick then, afterall... I don't think your advice is worth a cent man. You've got a pretty warped view on relationships

Kenneth R. said:
Power struggle you say? I say there should be a constant power channeling. Not trying to be on top, but helping each other reach higher in life.

Some would call this level of human interaction interdependence, transcending dependence, independence, and very different from co-dependence. When either member of a couple can lift the other higher, that's truly magic.

I can't see any room in a healthy relationship for a power struggle. Perhaps that's why over half of marriages today end in divorce. Why would anybody want to enter a long-term relationship looking to find how many ways he/she can overpower, dominate, or embarrass their partner and for how long? Knowing your relationship and your role in that relationship takes maturity.

I'll take a peach iced tea from Sonic any day...

Oh I like it when guys say upfront they have no intention of being exclusive to me..that way i can save my time of even wanting to date the jerk :). I think guys (and girls) should totally be themselves in all their asshole glory because that way we dont have to play games and I dont have to waste my time worrying about them when theres so many more fish in the sea.

Its true however that women in general are attracted to asshole men. Its that cocky confidence and charge of testosterone, I dont know why we like it we just do. HOWEVER, I personally run from guys who act TOO confident and who I can see is just playing 'the game' because that isnt real to me, and I dont want to just be another chip on their headboard. I am more likely to fall for the quiet brooding guy in the corner who is reading a book or something than the guy who is out there flirting with everything that moves.

SilentRealm said:
Oh I like it when guys say upfront they have no intention of being exclusive to me..that way i can save my time of even wanting to date the jerk :). I think guys (and girls) should totally be themselves in all their asshole glory because that way we dont have to play games and I dont have to waste my time worrying about them when theres so many more fish in the sea.

Its true however that women in general are attracted to asshole men. Its that cocky confidence and charge of testosterone, I dont know why we like it we just do. HOWEVER, I personally run from guys who act TOO confident and who I can see is just playing 'the game' because that isnt real to me, and I dont want to just be another chip on their headboard. I am more likely to fall for the quiet brooding guy in the corner who is reading a book or something than the guy who is out there flirting with everything that moves.

Sometimes (even often), the book reader quiet brooding guy in the corner is the same guy that you call "asshole man". Believe me. But your favor of self confident guys is the way nature works. But i know you don't like me telling scientific theories here so i'll pass this one :lol:

SilentRealm said:

I want to use you for sex so badly.

Pork rules.

I really hope this thread doesn't get closed. This is seriouly one of the best conversations (and some actual debate without flaming) i've seen in a long time. Holy shit, it's a civil disagreement!

Here's what i think it boils down to, and this doesn't apply to either side Kenneth or side Kronkile. Or maybe both, i don't know, not my judgement to make. The point is when you are able to reach the level of self-comfort (not to be confused with self-confidence or ego) ... well, that's when you should get a girlfriend. Being in a relationship to have companionship and because you feel like you need to be in it is the worst possible relationship. I'll type more when i'm not so tired, but still interesting discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.