Our prayers have been answered

froosch

Low Talker
Jan 22, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
For those of you that don't check the news section of the site...

2004-08-03 - Working
We're for the moment working on new material to a forth coming release, the fourth in Skyfire history.
The album will be recorded in Los Angered (Andy La Rocque) and Studio Underground (Pelle Saether) in early 2005 and mastered at Tailor Maid Studio by the famous Peter In de Betou.
The release date will be somewhere between May and July.

We'll probably hit the european roads in November.
See you on tour!!

Stay Metal!
Oh man. I'm expecting this one to blow us all away. I think the band has secured a spot among a lot of people as a truly great band, which the next release there should be a serious breakthrough in terms of fans and media exposure. I honestly can't think of where the sound of Skyfire can go next, but that's also what I said about Spectral, so that just goes to show you that the human mind is limited by what it hasn't yet experienced. And Andy did a great job with Spectral, not that any less would be expected from part of King Diamond.

Wow :OMG: Talk about crankin 'em out. I don't think I've even fully absorbed Spectral yet - I'm giving it time to sink in and not overlisten like I did with Mind Revolution.

:lol: I didn't know we were all praying for a new Skyfire album 3 months after their last release :p

:( I was actually expecting a US tour of some sort, so much that when I clicked I read "Los Angeles" instead of Los Angered.'

I am instered however to see where Skyfire goes. Maybe more in that heavier direction? Wouldn't be my first choice for sure...but we'll see.

Final_Vision said:
:lol: I didn't know we were all praying for a new Skyfire album 3 months after their last release :p

:( I was actually expecting a US tour of some sort, so much that when I clicked I read "Los Angeles" instead of Los Angered.'

I am instered however to see where Skyfire goes. Maybe more in that heavier direction? Wouldn't be my first choice for sure...but we'll see.

Yea even though I love Skyfire's method of an album a year(more bands should attempt this) I would much rather have them tour NA before they put out new material. And what cant they get better distribution over here? I cant order anything online so im forced to download the albums, since my local HMV doesnt carry any Skyfire.

I just hope they avoid getting into the Soilwork pattern. Releasing an album every year with 10 songs sounding the same and with the albums getting worse and worse. I'd hate to see that happening to Skyfire

stefan86 said:
I just hope they avoid getting into the Soilwork pattern. Releasing an album every year with 10 songs sounding the same and with the albums getting worse and worse. I'd hate to see that happening to Skyfire

I disagree, i love all of Soilwork's albums (except i havent heard Steelbath suicide) and you can easily tell the difference between songs like As We Speak and Follow the Hollow on NBC. However I do agree that their earlier work is superior.

J Mann said:
I disagree, i love all of Soilwork's albums (except i havent heard Steelbath suicide) and you can easily tell the difference between songs like As We Speak and Follow the Hollow on NBC. However I do agree that their earlier work is superior.
I agree with that, but I agree with stefan as far as FnF goes...what a horrible muddle of songs.

J Mann said:
Yea even though I love Skyfire's method of an album a year(more bands should attempt this) I would much rather have them tour NA before they put out new material. And what cant they get better distribution over here? I cant order anything online so im forced to download the albums, since my local HMV doesnt carry any Skyfire.
Where do you live?

I still think that it ain't good if bands try to put albums out as fast as they can. We'll see about this one, but I'm still going to download it first. I also have to agree with stefan about Soilwork getting worse.

Well I dont think Skyfire is setting the goal of pumping out an album a year. With no steady tours, it doesn't suprise me they are back in the writing phase again.

Think about it... 3 years time will be an ace time to get into skyfire because they have such a modern sound and it will be backed by at least five albums by that time. Every album so far is worth its weight in gold and I think they have definately progressed with their sound on each. They are going to be the most technical deathmetal band of all time at this rate.

neal said:
try some online mail-order places. century media has spectral. im sure other people know some other places online to get em...

I am credit card less at the moment. Unless Amazon accepts pay pal then I can just give my friend the money and he can order me MR and Spectral for me.

Any news on the tourdates yet? November is going to be a busy month.. Skyfire, Destruction, Sonata Arctica... I'm lucky actually that Nightwish was sold out ages ago :loco:

But if my parents make me pick one, it'll definately be skyfire :headbang: