Outstanding death metal

I love The Chasm, but no no no no no no no.

dude, TRITSIO is the best DM album there is - basically, but i'm not going to let my love for it blind me when it comes to realizing the genius of other works.

Deathcult For Eternity is like nothing else, it is an entity all its own.

TRITSIO is not the best DM album there is.

that's pushing it

no it isn't.

At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours
The Chasm - Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph
Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
Demilich - Nespithe
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Gorguts - Obscura
Therion - Beyond Sanctorum
Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness
Possessed - Seven Churches

any of those are acceptable though

ahahaha what?

Deathcult is just as unique and inventive pushing extreme metal forward as TRitSiO!

i think TRITSIO is *slightly* more unique and deathcult is *slightly* more tightly composed but yeah, they pretty much represent the genre's apex of creativity for me. although i still like the peaks on WFIKTBD more than anything by either band, actually.

Deathcult is just awful. Slow, stupid, and unpleasing to the ears. Why people praise that album is the biggest mystery in metal.

Well if any of you like some brutal death metal I just checked these guys out. Dunno if you heard of this band or will like them. I think it beats listening to bands like Debauchery, Devourment, Disgorged, or Wormed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1KEPEp5HTU

Also check out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYtespec3yk&feature=related

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utt3hj95FB4&feature=related

And Lastly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96KyKOO2G7M&feature=related

All very unremarkable, and Putrefy is part of a scene (UK/Irish brutal death) where pretty much all the bands are bad/average and dumb (in the bad way, not the Vulvectomy way). Embryonic Depravity is an exception.

Eh alot of brutal death an't so great. Besides the very good aspects of brutal death metal are Technical Death bands rather as well. I find Putrefy to be decent to say the least. But for brutal death I say its rather a good selection. The bad part is most brutal death sounds like gore grind garbage :erk:

Deathcult is just awful. Slow, stupid, and unpleasing to the ears. Why people praise that album is the biggest mystery in metal.

It isn't slow, it is perhaps among the most intelligent, and it is certainly some of the most pleasing. Why idiots dislike that album is the biggest mystery in metal.

It isn't slow, it is perhaps among the most intelligent, and it is certainly some of the most pleasing. Why idiots dislike that album is the biggest mystery in metal.

I'm the only idiot then, because everyone else rants about it mindlessly. At least on their following album they actually started writing decent songs.

I see nothing wrong with almost every The Chasm album with Deathcult and Conjuration to be my favourite ones. imo, their songwriting skills are flawless. I think most Tech Death bands and Brutal Death bands are boring, e.g Braindrill. one of the most annoying tech/brutal bands I've heard in a long time.

My DM picks for today are:
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
Fleshcrawl - Descend in the Absurd
Gates of Ishtar - Bloodred Path
Eucharist - A Velvet Creation & Mirrorworlds

Been listening to Wicked Innocence's Omnipotence alot lately as well.

I can't get into it or The Chasm because of the thin guitars and low-fi sound, they basically sound like Slayer who I like mixed with first & second wave BM musically and production wise which are the elements I do not care for, the band just does not offer me anything I like in terms of Death Metal and death metal to me is about being heavy and dark,etc.. among other things. I think the band could be considered mandatory because of the klvt following and are pretty well received in the underground of metal music. just simply not my thing

I'm the only idiot then, because everyone else rants about it mindlessly. At least on their following album they actually started writing decent songs.

no, they wrote their best on deathcult - they just were slightly more straightforward after it