Outstanding death metal

godisatheist

New Metal Member
May 21, 2007
nocompromise.ws
Hi,

what are the most outstanding Death Metal cds for you of the last 3 months or the near future?
For me there is only Obscura - Cosmogenesis, I would rate it with 80-90%. But I haven't listened to a 100% killer since long time (like Necrophagist - Epitaph or Death - Symbolic)

Cheers Andreas

Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels
Karnarium - Karnarium
Necrovation - Breed Deadness Blood
Excoriate - On Pestilent Winds...

Just a few of the best death metal albums to come out in the past few years.

Hey, you're fast :)
I saw Dead Congregation in Berlin together with Asphyx. For me the best show of the last year! By the way, do you know if there will be a new Asphyx cd soon? I've read they recorded at least a single.

Yes, I should get the last Dead Congregation cd, haven't listened it complete yet. I will also check out the other stuff. Thanks!

Asphyx finished recording their full length album, called "Death...the Brutal Way," earlier this month. May/June release.

Fun fact: "death the brutal way" is a term the band has been using for about two decades.

Edit: yes, that was also the name of the single they released.

Asphyx finished recording their full length album, called "Death...the Brutal Way," earlier this month. May/June release.

Fun fact: "death the brutal way" is a term the band has been using for about two decades.

Edit: yes, that was also the name of the single they released.

Hey May / June?? Hell, that's amazing!
Do you know what label will carry it?

Century Media will do the CD. Some label called War Anthem Records will do a vinyl version.

The new Asphyx will be awesome.

Andreas, you really don't need to listen to a Myspace to know that Necrovation rules. Trust me!

Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels
Karnarium - Karnarium
Necrovation - Breed Deadness Blood
Excoriate - On Pestilent Winds...

Just a few of the best death metal albums to come out in the past few years.

+
Tribulation - The Horror
Shackles - Traitor's Gate
Vanhelgd - Cult Of Lazarus
Unconsecrated - Unconsecrated Cemetery/Dark Awakening
Atomic Aggressor - Rise Of The Old Ones

wow Necrovation is amazing. how can you say they are average. Asphyx kind of reminds me of obituary. Except the screamer is a bit different. If the vocal style was more aggressive they may be one of my very favorite death metal bands.

Well, they haven't been released in the last 3 months, but I liked Holographic Universe by Scar Symmetry and Twilight Of The Thunder God by Amon Amarth. Great albums!