Own Pictures

What, can you not even get a shot for free if, like, you visit a distillery or a shop where they are doing a free tasting??? :rolleyes: crikey... nanny state gone mad.

Not really.

Actually every brewery, winery and destillery needs to apply for a special permit to be allowed to sell their goods on site.
And by sell I mean to consume on site too, you are of course not allowed to bring it home :loco:

So usually if you are to "give" a sample away during a tour, you need to pay a fee for the tour, then it can be "included" in the price...

And by the way, free tastings in a shop?
What are those? :lol:

Not really.

Actually every brewery, winery and destillery needs to apply for a special permit to be allowed to sell their goods on site.
And by sell I mean to consume on site too, you are of course not allowed to bring it home :loco:

So usually if you are to "give" a sample away during a tour, you need to pay a fee for the tour, then it can be "included" in the price...

And by the way, free tastings in a shop?
What are those? :lol:

Next year buddy, i will take you to a free tasting :p
That is really odd though. Couple times on family vacations we toured the breweries in Milwaukee and a Winery up in northern Wisconsin,and I remember my mom and everyone getting samples during the tour (yeah yeah I wasnt old enough real fun trip forr me)

But then again i still find it odd that the Jack Danials Distillery is in a dry county

I thought it was pretty standard, go into a shop here and if they have something they want to sell they will give you a microscopic amount FOC. Lindisfarne abbey shop... maaan people were taking the mickey, coming in, having two or three shots of mead ahead and leaving without even buying a postcard...

In Sweden there are no liqour stores like in so many other countries.
here we have "Systembolaget", the ONLY store allowed to sell alcohol (that's not a pub, bar, etc.) which is a government controlled company that has monopoly over alcohol sales.. and they won't let you taste, no sir :p

Müller;8576849 said:
In Sweden there are no liqour stores like in so many other countries.
here we have "Systembolaget", the ONLY store allowed to sell alcohol (that's not a pub, bar, etc.) which is a government controlled company that has monopoly over alcohol sales.. and they won't let you taste, no sir :p

I was aware about systembolaget... but I did not know to what extent they had a monopoly... I think most tourist shops here would close down if they were not allowed to sell whisky, it accounts for a good chunk of sales.

And in Spain, it's quite the opposite- even the bakery or the sweetie shop around the corner used to sell beer, I don't know if it has changed since I emigrated.

Müller;8573013 said:
New user, definitely not new to the glorious music that we know as the tunes of Amon Amarth ^^,

My friend Dennis, You-know-who(;P) and me on the right @ Sthlm Beer and Whiskey festival last weekend.
DSC01212-1.jpg

Ooo BLS patch.
S.D.M.F. Brother.

and hang on a minute here! Ardbeg has a STAND!! :cry:
Should have come to Sweden this past weekend instead of in two weeks!

I thought it was pretty standard, go into a shop here and if they have something they want to sell they will give you a microscopic amount FOC. Lindisfarne abbey shop... maaan people were taking the mickey, coming in, having two or three shots of mead ahead and leaving without even buying a postcard...

Thing is, Systembolaget don't want to sell anything, they don't advertise, they're not supposed to make any of their goods stand out more than any other. Sale is only on stuff about ot get old and ruined.

I don't think they're even supposed to make a profit, which is why we can buy some imported stuff a lot cheaper than in the country where it is produced :loco:

In Sweden it should be illegal to sell absinth to drunken brewers.

Absinth should be illegal period.
Actually all things alcohol that is not beer or single malt scotch should be illegal.

Thing is, Systembolaget don't want to sell anything, they don't advertise, they're not supposed to make any of their goods stand out more than any other. Sale is only on stuff about ot get old and ruined.

I don't think they're even supposed to make a profit, which is why we can buy some imported stuff a lot cheaper than in the country where it is produced :loco:

Absinth should be illegal period.
Actually all things alcohol that is not beer or single malt scotch should be illegal.

That would just make me give up drinking, I couldnt imagine a world without Jager and Tequila

Ooo BLS patch.
S.D.M.F. Brother.

BLS VEST even ;)
S.D.M.F. indeed my fellow bretheren

That would just make me give up drinking, I couldnt imagine a world without Jager and Tequila

Oh, it's a world with aquired tastes and no more immature teenage drunkenness.. ^^,
only drinkable tequila is "Black Death" the Icelandic Vodka with the same name is also the only real tasty vodka around... too bad it's pretty much discontinued as far as I know...

Müller;8584416 said:
BLS VEST even ;)
S.D.M.F. indeed my fellow bretheren

Oh, it's a world with aquired tastes and no more immature teenage drunkenness.. ^^,
only drinkable tequila is "Black Death" the Icelandic Vodka with the same name is also the only real tasty vodka around... too bad it's pretty much discontinued as far as I know...

Mm tequila I prefer the Patron silver for straight gold for mixing. Vodka I have drank exactly twice in my life,once was Skyy and the other was Absolut, both were just to damn smooth and got me into alot of trouble so I stay away from em. Scotch though I dont buy often for the simple fact I am the only one in the house that drinks it. Last time I bought a bottle,my brother did the only thing that has ever made me contemplate killing him and poured my bottle of Glenfiddich into a gallon of tea :cry:

Mm tequila I prefer the Patron silver for straight gold for mixing. Vodka I have drank exactly twice in my life,once was Skyy and the other was Absolut, both were just to damn smooth and got me into alot of trouble so I stay away from em. Scotch though I dont buy often for the simple fact I am the only one in the house that drinks it. Last time I bought a bottle,my brother did the only thing that has ever made me contemplate killing him and poured my bottle of Glenfiddich into a gallon of tea :cry:

good thing your brother is far away from me right now...

Think what defines a great label depends on a persons personal taste preference. Although I will admit I am not a big whiskey drinker. Someone gave me a bottle of Crown for christmas that I just finished a couple weeks ago. Much happier with a good beer :)