Ozzfest, almost but not quite....as usual

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
The lineup is announced.....and I'm thinking I might go, but hard to say.

I missed Slayer this year, and Superjoint Ritual might be worth seeing. I've never seen Dimmu Borgir.......

But the big kicker is Judas Priest really. I'd like to see the reunited band this year....so might have to actually swallow my pride and drop 75 dollars (or however much) to go. We'll see.....
As usual, I know fuck all about the second stage bands, and they probably all suck. Oh, and Black Label Society is really not that great either. Hmmm, I'm talking myself out of it....

Main Stage:

OZZY OSBOURNE
JUDAS PRIEST
SLAYER
DIMMU BORGIR
SUPERJOINT RITUAL
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY

Second Stage:

SLIPKNOT
HATEBREED
LAMB OF GOD

Rotating:

ATREYU
BLEEDING THROUGH
LACUNA COIL
EVERY TIME I DIE
UNEARTH
GOD FORBID

Dimmu is VERY worth seeing...i saw them at the metal and hardcord fest in asbury last november with cob and such...fuckin amazing live performance...besides that slayer would be the only other thing i'd wanna see...so i aint givin up 70 somethin dollars for that

JP, lamb of god, hatebreed, dimmu, slayer.... but still.. I dont think I will be going to this... I will wait for JP to tour to see them.. the others.. I have seen Slayer many times.. and the rest.. I can wait.. heh.

won't make me go because I really can't stand ozzfest but thats a damn good lineup, best i've seen anyway.

dimmu on mainstage and slipknot on second? that fucking rocks come on! plus slayer AND priest? main stage is an awsome lineup...except for superjoint but at least they are "heavy".

and three cheers for lacuna coil, i'm glad they're getting some recognition. the amount of energy they put into performing is amazing, and both times i've seen them live it was a great experience.

Dimmu on main stage and Slipknot on the second stage is proof of the pendelum swing in music popularity.
Three years ago it would have been unthinkable to put a band like Dimmu on the main stage of Ozzfest.
It's a solid lineup good chance I will go.

Only bands I'd go for are Slayer and Black Label Society. I wouldnt even go NEAR the second stage, with Slipknot and Hatebreed there. :err:

EDIT: I stand corrected! I looked at the Ozzfest site, and noticed this little gem. Slayer will be performing with their original line-up (Tom Araya, Jeff Hanneman, Kerry King and Dave Lombardo)! THAT is something I cannot miss.
:OMG:

Skullzz said:
I stand corrected! I looked at the Ozzfest site, and noticed this little gem. Slayer will be performing with their original line-up (Tom Araya, Jeff Hanneman, Kerry King and Dave Lombardo)! THAT is something I cannot miss.

You do know that Dave's been back in the band for almost 2 years now, right? :err:

I'm actually looking forward to this Ozzfest, even though it will be in Devore (gawd awful place known primarily for it's meth labs). Kudos to Jack and Kelly Osbourne who made the decision to book Lacuna Coil for this package of the Ozzfest. Maybe now, people will realize where it is that Evanescence got their sound from.

I've seen all of the bands on the mainstage and two of the bands on the side stage. Should be interesting to see the new bands. Might find something I like. My old band was getting downloaded more on Mp3.com (R.I.P.) than Atreyu (we were both based out of Costa Mesa) for the longest time. Should be fun to see them now. :)

Hopefully, this pendulum swing in Metal will continue with bands that can actually play their instruments and write good material.

I think as Jack is growing older, and maturing (a bit) the lineups slowly getting better, and it's less nu metal shite like the last few years. I say this because it's invariably Jack who picks alot of the bill.

ucsbdude said:
Dimmu on main stage and Slipknot on the second stage is proof of the pendelum swing in music popularity.
Three years ago it would have been unthinkable to put a band like Dimmu on the main stage of Ozzfest.
It's a solid lineup good chance I will go.

my theories

i think the reason slipknot is playing the second stage is because they might have requested it.. i think so.. because when i saw em live playing the second stage few years back.. they were bitching about the pit.. and how only the lawn area was going crazy and the pit was fucking lame...

this years ozzfest was done by voting on the ozzfest website.. more people might have voted for dimmu borgir more than slipknot

foulwing said:
this years ozzfest was done by voting on the ozzfest website.. more people might have voted for dimmu borgir more than slipknot

Have you ever heard the old expression of, "If voting changed anything, they would make it illegal"?

There's more than a few of the bands on the Ozzfest that are there simply because Sharon Osbourne and other management were paid for the band's appearances on Ozzfest. It's happened before and will continue to happen. Remember Crazy Town? That's how they got on the Ozzfest of 2002 and that was stated by Jack Osbourne in an MTV interview.