Ozzy and Zakk split up D:

Ive seen Buckethead live.... he's FAR from a horrible player. In fact, he's a monstrosity.

I don't get what's so wrong about the name "John 5"?! For one, he didn't choose that name, Manson did when he joined the band. So when there's already a fuckton of people who know you by the moniker of John 5, why would you let go of that? Especially since everybody would be like: "Dude, did you check out John Lowery's new album? - John who? - John 5, dude!".

It's just a name behind a incredible skilled player. I don't get the travesty. At all. You could also say that "Ozzy" should go by "Michael Osbourne". I can't comprehend how anyone could give a fuck about that.

@Notuern: Have you, by any chance, heard Buckethead's acoustic albums? The heavy effect-laden side of his music is just one minor aspect of his work. It just happens to be the more prominent.

Yeah, no doubt BH is ridiculous as a player, he's got a lot more going on than just effects and youtube hero wankage...

If that's all you think of him then you obviously don't know anything about him or his playing.

His stage name is John 5 for fucks sake.

That alone should eliminate him from anything that has to do with real metal.

Also, I find it very unlikely that this will stick. This has happened like two or three times before, and Ozz has always wound up with Zakk again. Fuck all this shit though, let's have a new BLS album that fucking rocks! (ie NOT another STH)

What about the black metal people? It is mandatory for the kvlt guys to have stage names.

Going through some of the ol' Jake E Lee videos, fuckkkkkkkkkk, I always forget how amazing he is. The amount of passion he puts it is astounding. Jake was the dude that deserved the recognition, not Zakk.

I don't know why everyone gets such a boner for John 5's solo stuff.

Sure he can play a lot of styles, but he can't make any one of them interesting or have any kind of individual flair. There's nothing that says "Hi, this is me and nobody else" in any of his stuff that I've heard, it could be any number of other guitar players at any given time.

I mean Yngwie is boring as shit to listen to at the best of times but you always know it's him. I find that a more important quality than "Wow he can play shred stuff AND half ass country".

As far as the Ozzy thing. I'm still a huge fan of Ozzy's stuff, well his older stuff anyway. But I have to say that even with a new guitar player his next album will be no less boardroom rock. Sure it wont have the pinch harmonics and mundanity that comes with anything to do with Zakk Wylde these days but the fact that it's just a pay day for all parties involved will be no less obvious.

Huge fan of Jake E Lee here as well, my favorite Ozzy guitarist, and it's awesome to be on a forum full of Jake fans! However, I seriously doubt they'll work together again...

Sounds like it's down to Gus G. or John 5, either of which is awesome.

Huge fan of Jake E Lee here as well, my favorite Ozzy guitarist, and it's awesome to be on a forum full of Jake fans! However, I seriously doubt they'll work together again...

Sounds like it's down to Gus G. or John 5, either of which is awesome.

huge fan of jake too:worship:..im surprized so many fans here:cool: