Ozzy and Zakk split up D:

I don't get what's so wrong about the name "John 5"?! For one, he didn't choose that name, Manson did when he joined the band. So when there's already a fuckton of people who know you by the moniker of John 5, why would you let go of that? Especially since everybody would be like: "Dude, did you check out John Lowery's new album? - John who? - John 5, dude!".

It's just a name behind a incredible skilled player. I don't get the travesty. At all. You could also say that "Ozzy" should go by "Michael Osbourne". I can't comprehend how anyone could give a fuck about that.

I dunno, to have an image created for him by someone for a particular band, and then keeping it despite not being part of that band kind of makes him look like a hack. Like that name/image is the only thing that makes him stand out (which I can't help but agree with given how I feel about his solo work) or he just wasn't creative enough to come up with something else.

Twiggy seemed to do ok after leaving Manson, he just went back to his real name and nobody seemed to be too confused.

Exactly my point, there is nothing about that song that stands out. It sounds like background music from an 80's BMX video.

I agree!
Besides, its my opinion, Ozzy needs someone that can write songs, not a fretboard wanker ( in my opinion, all that john 5 does is showing off, hell, even malmsteen has a melody in the 10000 notes he plays)

Maybe Zakk is not everyone's cup of tea, of course, but he got ozzy back from the dead on "no rest for the wicked" IMO

EDIT: wtf is this???

Last edited by a moderator:
I think playing for Ozzy Osbourne at this time in his life is an excellent idea if you really want to piss away your career.

Exactly my point, there is nothing about that song that stands out. It sounds like background music from an 80's BMX video.

LOL!!!

This was the first thing that came to mind:

hrt.jpg

I would love to see him work with Jake E Lee again, but doubt that. Coming from the same general "scene" I would also like to see him work with Vinnie Vincent--tremendous song writer but also a tremendous douchebag

I think hiring John 5 would seem like a gimmick type of move, and Ozzy has always been known for finding young guitar players who need a break and turning them into huge stars.

I'm a huge Zakk fan but I think Ozzy should go back to what he does best and try to make some killer rock songs with big catchy choruses that make everyone want to sing along. If the new Ozzy CD wasn't an Ozzy CD, I'd think it was pretty good, but I just can't get into it like I can all his other stuff from No More Tears backwards.

I'd like to see him find some no-name guy who is really good, but the way thinks work in the business now probably means that won't happen, but I'd much rather see him with someone like Richie Kotzen or Paul Gilbert than John 5 any day, even if they are huge names and would most likely never do it. I think they'd write better songs for Ozzy's style and they are a lot more individual without wearing dumb make-up and keeping a Marilyn Manson band name.

Jake E Lee's playing with Enuff Znuff or some shit... not sure why.

There's nowt wrong with Enuff Znuff. They've always been a quality pop/rock band. I think Jake only did some recording with them for their new album.

Ozzy's a bit irrelevant these days though, isn't he? Who really cares any more?

Since I saw Black Sabbath in 2005, I've thought Ozzy was a joke.

Just a bumbling old man. Not the legend that we all know, and like to this he still is. It's a shame, but he should really retire.