Pain Of Salvation : Be

opethmaniac

Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
What listened to it so far ?
Bloody hell, this disc is fucking awesome !! it's a lot different from what i expected of POS though coz it doesn't metal anymore but god..this voice..and don't tell me, like my girlfriend, that it's cheesy ( ;) )

I haven't heard it yet, but I have heard that in order to get the full effect, you should listen to it as an album and not just as a mere collection of tracks.

Well, I fucking love it!!!! Im a huge PoS fan and I just couldn't fucking wait for it, and it has not disappointed. I believe Iter Impius is my new favorite PoS song, the solo in it is just amazing! SO emotional, the only other band that could do that was Pink Floyd. Also, I really love the folky sounds on that album. I will piss my pants when I get that dvd in my hands.

sorry dudes but could you tell me more about this DVD you all are talking about ? i haven't heard anything about it and i think it could be quite interesting..

Here is Daniel' comments from their official webpage (painofsalvation.com)
"Daniel: "Yes, I guess we can finally give away for sure that there is in fact a Pain of Salvation DVD on its way. The "BE" DVD will be out hopefully as soon as this December, and will really complete the "BE" world in a very nice way - it will most likely contain a live CD of "BE" as well and a lot more booklet information and pictures, and is thus the ultimate "BE" box together with the studio album, which is being released late September. This is by far the best and most original and brainy stuff that's ever come out of the band. It will be truly painful having to knock it down the ladder with our coming albums... *laughs*"

I have only heard the 29 second samples from Insideout and I have to say that I am excited about what I heard. This band always seems to top themselves with their music and concepts.

well, let's say that it's just, for me, far away from what i expected from them actually..with their 4 (i don't consider 12:5 as a "real album" even if it's wonderful, don't get me wrong !!) first albums, i really needed many listens to be into...not this one, strangly..you can't really hear electric guitars (except a couple of riffs but it's for sure a lot less heavy than before), some songs have a lot of spoken words, a song reminds me of early Ben Harper (sorry if some of you are gonna :puke: or if some others are gonna be like that :yow: but it's my point of view !!)
but it still sounds like POS, definitely...the same "structures", the same voice..i would also say that there's no Faith No More touches at all, like on the opening track of Perfect Element 1...
that's it !!

Interesting. Thanks for the extra info. I definetly agree that their albums need to be listened to a few times to grasp what is going on musically. It is a lot to take in at once. Can't wait for the album's release.

no problem Dude !!
the album should be released the 27th or the 28th of September, depends on where you are from..
btw, this little review is just MY point of view...you may disagree with it !!