Paint

Grigorii

Oct 12, 2008
I did a search and didn't find any thread for this. If there is then I apologize.

For those that have painted themselves up for Turisas shows, what did you use? I am looking to an alternative to face paints, which are expensive, especially if I'm covering my whole face, neck and arms. Is there a cheap homemade way?
Also, is there a way to not have it stain your clothes?

Thanks in advance

Grigorii

i found face paint online, 2 tubs for £5 ish

http://www.facepaintshop.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=38 was the red, black is there somewhere, not sure where abouts you come from, but some places online do it cheap, that tub from there, i used like, hardly any of mine, but i got the slightly bigger tub because i thought i would, but we did 2 people with it, and could easily do loads more if needed, and it didnt stain black shirts afterwards from what i can see. I know your looking for an alternative but well, poster paint as they say, would work, and i guess its cheap too.

Edit:
There is one way for it not to stain your clothes, either go naked as the day you were born (probably a bad idea) or, simply, wear someone elses clothes, and stain them, then you dont stain your clothes.

well i really dont know since my friend bought a cheaper one and i got some allergy and pink face for some days lol..lets see what others can suggest

As a professhional (Well, makeup bitch at the London Dungeon as of next month) I do not at all condone anything other than a good quality face paint.

The best highstreet brand I can recommend is Snazaroo-

Standard%20Snazaroo%20Face%20Paint%20Colours%20icon.jpg

The 18ml pots will last you for years of Turisas gigs, as they are waterbased (work like watercolours but unlike cheaper facepaint they "dry" feeling like foundation makeup) so take a bottle of water with you if you're doing it in a queue.
They RRP at £3 a pot, so hardly breaking the bank, eBay could even be cheaper.

You can get a black one and a red one, but if you want the "tr00" Turisas red, I'd suggest this, which is also water based and does dry, without looking like red paint-

cake.blood.jpg

This is RRP at about £5, but I did a house packed with zombies without the pot even look used.

But most importantly....REMEMBER TO WASH IT OFF PROPERLY!

Any hardcore Turisas fans who have squiffy skin or just wana look kingly- buy Snazaroo, as the company abides to the strictest cosmetic regulations, it goes on, stays, and comes off very well. And it's a good price. Don't be fooled into thinking those crappy £1.50 multi palettes would be just fine, I got one just so I had a little colour palette, and it MELTED at a houseparty. I wouldn't personally want my band's crowd to be completely maroon...

snazaroo! haha thats the one i told my friend to buy!! XD ill buy it next time :p think could be a nice x-mas gift for her haha..

normal theatre paint doesnt get off that fast aswell (esp. combined with hairspray^^)...
so you can actually get it at pretty many places I guess...

I +1 this. :)
When I saw Turisas supporting DragonForce last month, I wore black and red lipstick with bright green glowing body paint. The paint was in a small tube for a few quid. I only covered my face, neck, chest and arms though. It took about 2 weeks to fully come off though! :lol:

ONLY face, neck chest and arms? what else is there? legs?

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions. It seems snazaroo is the most "legitimate" way. Unfortunately, it's about twice as expensive here in the US than in the UK. I can probobly find it on ebay for about the same price though.

ONLY face, neck chest and arms? what else is there? legs?

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions. It seems snazaroo is the most "legitimate" way. Unfortunately, it's about twice as expensive here in the US than in the UK. I can probobly find it on ebay for about the same price though.

just roll through some mud for a while ... tadaaaaaaah

Hairspray is pretty much the secret for keeping your makeup put all night. Loads of girls do it.

I wouldn't use lippy, it's pretty much the same stuff is cheap greasepaint, which will totally gunk your face up (like putting your head in a bucket of LARD?)

Snazaroo, even if it's more expensive elsewere, is still excellent value for money, considering how long it lasts, as you're only using two colours. Also, it doesn't make your skin say "AAAAH AAAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" Just remember to water it down a lot :D

Hairspray is pretty much the secret for keeping your makeup put all night. Loads of girls do it.

Shh!

Stop giving our secrets away woman!

(I used to use multicoloured glitter hairspray when I went out in my glitter faerie outfit (back in my gay scene days)...works like a dream and looks awesome, s'long as you don't use too much on your face.)

omg seriously :erk: hairspray :erk: :lol:

I'm a girl and never heard about that, must be something american!! :p

but well, I'm not such a drama queen/ girly girl, that wants her make up to be perfect etc

IF i once wear make-up, it has to last as long as possible - so i know that trick pretty well^^