Paint

how about some creativity.

be yourself, don't copy anyone else =)

I took this advice and went as a mix between Hanu and Olli - because I knew I was going to be standing directly in front of Hanu and Olli :) I suppose it worked well, Hanu acknowledged me a few times and I doubt Olli could've missed me yelling his name since the crowd was so small.

FWIW, this was probably the best I've ever seen Turisas. I just feel bad that they had to play for a pitifully small crowd of about 30 people :(

EDIT: Painting up in the bathroom
n2807932_33461098_8440.jpg

I definately saw two people in leeds with green, i'm guessing one was you (it helps being on the balcony, great view) and there were three in manc that i saw... i think one of DF's response was "it's shrek!" ten minutes later one of them washed the green off haha

Possibly :D I had glowsticks as well (hmm.. I'm sounding a little cliché now aren't I?) and the other green could have been either of 2 of my friends who I painted a little green as well.
Hahaha that made me laugh :D

Possibly :D I had glowsticks as well (hmm.. I'm sounding a little cliché now aren't I?) and the other green could have been either of 2 of my friends who I painted a little green as well.
Hahaha that made me laugh :D

haha did you throw some of the glow sticks on stage? i remember the boys playing around with them backstage after the gig

If I wasn't poor I'd go! mostly to help lettuce scare small school children

The best paint I've ever seen was the Kiss viking @ Norwich
He was the crappest member of Kiss too XD Red and black cat-viking ftw!
Dare someone to dress as Gene Simmons, OH CRAP WRONG GIG!
I'm ill and hyper...forgive me

I did a search and didn't find any thread for this. If there is then I apologize.

For those that have painted themselves up for Turisas shows, what did you use? I am looking to an alternative to face paints, which are expensive, especially if I'm covering my whole face, neck and arms. Is there a cheap homemade way?
Also, is there a way to not have it stain your clothes?

Thanks in advance

Grigorii

i red somewhere that Mathias uses black acyclic paint :/ however i wouldnt recommend that. ill have to ask my mates what they use

You won't be able to torment me because I'll be hiding in the boring backstage bit!

Methinks Mathias uses normal theatrical paint, acrylic would just get flakey and fall off like lepper skin. OR he uses oil paint, in which case he'd be a proper muppet. Maybe he can make a cameo into the thread and tell everyone what brand he prefers? OH they could get an endorsement.

On the otherhand...

Are you a Turisas band member?

Or just a really really dedicated fan?

Can't stand having to reapply the makeup gig before every gig?

USE PAX!

Part acrylic pigmant/part medical adhesive, developed by Dick "Makeup artist for Godfather, The Exorcist, Taxi Driver etc." Smith- This shit won't come off without a fight.

he doesnt use acrylic paint, he's like, allergic to it. Theres a video of him discussing it in the stickys. Last brand he was using was from whsmiths, but they dont have that in the us ( i dont think ) so god only knows what concoction he may be using now.

Still, i have a friend who is in a theater thingy and gunna hook me up with that fake blood shit in time for bloodstock.

I saw that video. whsmiths is not available in the US (or at least, I've never seen nor heard of it)

So I just read the Backstage paint. Says that the red paint should not be used around the eyes. This is not good. Anyone know a reason this could be?

but then the paint sucks, I mean, the paint I had didnt get into my eye for like 99,999% and the one time it did it didnt burn at all, so...too much chemistry in that one probably XD

I saw that video. whsmiths is not available in the US (or at least, I've never seen nor heard of it)

So I just read the Backstage paint. Says that the red paint should not be used around the eyes. This is not good. Anyone know a reason this could be?

WHSmiths is a bookshop :p

He mentions using acrylic there. It's not very good for you skin though...maybe I can get him/mix him some special paint?

Oh, and I've put the red paint in my eye. It's not very comfertable, but then again, most paint in your eye isn't. Then again, if you're using a makeup that has a lot of control, then you won't GET it in your eyes :lol:

So, found out at the venue that the Backstage paint wasn't water based. And I learned that grease paint sucks. It smeared like crazy (had to throw the hairspray away, they wouldn't allow it into the venue) with the slightest touch. I ended up only doing black lines and not painting my face red. My friend tried and ended up looking like shit because the paint smeared all together.
It seemed like it way okay until I started headbanging. My hair stuck to the paint. I was constantly having to push it out of my face. I eventually ended up pulling my hair back Olli-style.
Washing the paint off was a pain. It basically just smeared around my face.
When I got home, I took a shower, which got most of the paint off my face, but not out of my hair. So I've got black spots all throughout my hair (and I have blond hair, so it's noticeable). After I got out of the shower, I realized all the paint from my forehead had run down into my eyebrows. So I've got black eyebrows now too.
Don't use greasepaint.

Now, doesn't this just prove that I am actually amazing?

So I went to Charles Fox today, who are the most kingest make suppliers in London (I was expecting a grotty partyshop, but there's like, marble counters in there n shit), and they said the best *sweat-proof* makeup is alcohol based, but it's a little fucker to get off.

So, found out at the venue that the Backstage paint wasn't water based. And I learned that grease paint sucks. It smeared like crazy (had to throw the hairspray away, they wouldn't allow it into the venue) with the slightest touch. I ended up only doing black lines and not painting my face red. My friend tried and ended up looking like shit because the paint smeared all together.
It seemed like it way okay until I started headbanging. My hair stuck to the paint. I was constantly having to push it out of my face. I eventually ended up pulling my hair back Olli-style.
Washing the paint off was a pain. It basically just smeared around my face.
When I got home, I took a shower, which got most of the paint off my face, but not out of my hair. So I've got black spots all throughout my hair (and I have blond hair, so it's noticeable). After I got out of the shower, I realized all the paint from my forehead had run down into my eyebrows. So I've got black eyebrows now too.
Don't use greasepaint.

You do know you're supposed to 'set' greasepaint with base and powder and related shit? :erk:

(And here's me thinking my GCSE Drama and Theatre Arts was a complete waste of time... :lol:)