People from US who listen to DT

DisplayofCharacter said:
HA! I skipped the one in Western Penn (said that in an earlier thread). But, I digress, we need to get a good show in Philly. Best show around right now is Gigantour, and I'm probably going to miss that. Bleh.

My October is packed: Gigantour, Soilwork, Iron Maiden (all in first week of October), Arch Enemy+Opeth (bnot sure about this one), Beatallica, HIM+LostprophetsMoonspell+Katatonia, and Blind Guardian in December.

Also wasn't going to GWAR, Dragonforce und Evaescence (also October).

And yeah: I got Maiden pit tix (sold out in 7 minutes).

Rayna said:
I was about to get a scholarship to go and study for a year in Idaho, but backed out... was told the only interesting there was potatoes...I didn't want to be in an isolated place for a whole year... Go stir Crazy

:lol: well the landscapes are quite pretty, though I am used to more green sceneries (forests). But yeah, there are not many things. NAd the potatoes didnt even taste that good. They are just huge, but I prefer the ones we have in Europe :p
Where in Idaho were you going to go?

plintus said:
My October is packed: Gigantour, Soilwork, Iron Maiden (all in first week of October), Arch Enemy+Opeth (bnot sure about this one), Beatallica, HIM+LostprophetsMoonspell+Katatonia, and Blind Guardian in December.

Also wasn't going to GWAR, Dragonforce und Evaescence (also October).

And yeah: I got Maiden pit tix (sold out in 7 minutes).

We're going to see almost the same concerts :D
I'm going to Evanescence and Dragonforce too. Can't go to Gwar and Katatonia for a reason that you already know :)
Gigantour, Soilwork, Trivium (/w Protest the Hero, a VERY GOOD canadian band!!), Unexpect, etc etc :D My october is packed too ! :p :loco:

You are a journalist!!!!! I'm not. :heh:

Honestly, I'd go to may be one only - Iron Maiden... well, Blind Guardian and Soilwork too, but the rest I'm so not up to see the show.

Sure enough I'm missing Trivium as well.

plintus said:
You are a journalist!!!!! I'm not. :heh:

Honestly, I'd go to may be one only - Iron Maiden... well, Blind Guardian and Soilwork too, but the rest I'm so not up to see the show.

Sure enough I'm missing Trivium as well.

Yep it's true... I only paid for the Evanescence concert... hehehe ! :headbang:

KitKat said:
Yep it's true... I only paid for the Evanescence concert... hehehe ! :headbang:

No, I mean - you are obliged to be there, rain or shine, otherwise it's not professional :heh: And you can't get too drunk, cuz your reputation can be compromised... and you can't hit on guys :erk:

Paying for Evanescence? Blasphemy... :zombie:

plintus said:
No, I mean - you are obliged to be there, rain or shine, otherwise it's not professional :heh: And you can't get too drunk, cuz your reputation can be compromised... and you can't hit on guys :erk:

Paying for Evanescence? Blasphemy... :zombie:

I am not obliged to be there but if I want to keep the contact with the industry, I must go to these shows, so I can see and talk to others who works in this industry, musicians, producers, etc. I have my guest pass for every show, so I decide on the morning if I want to go or not. I didn't go to Celtic Frost... I'll go to Kamelot, because I interviewed the guitarist, and he invited me to meet him when they'll be in town... so I am going to meet him, but a part from that, I'm not really into Kamelot, but I really like their progressive songs, more than the "power" ones...

For Evanescence, I don't have any pass, so I paid my ticket, because I really love their songs... one of my "cheezy" sides :p (I have a lot hahaha)
But, I paid like 2 or 3 tickets this year so far so.. I don't mind !

I don't hit on guys anyway ! :) And I get drunk "After" the show, because it's always too expensive at the venue anyway ehehehe!

I'm going to the Gigantour and to Unexpect concerts (Sept 27th and 29th) with our friend Rampage (can't spell his new name haha), it'll be really fun !

Kovenant84 said:
I have to figure what shows I'm going to and where. I'll probably only hit them if they go to NYC, but even then, it's iffy. Working sucks.

I'm so glad that my schedule fits the concerts. I'm finishing at 8, so I can go to almost any concerts in town, since the first band is (almost) always uninteresting (Is that a word ?hehehe...)

To add to my concerts list: DT, surely somewhere in second half of 2007 :D

KitKat said:
For Evanescence, I don't have any pass, so I paid my ticket, because I really love their songs... one of my "cheezy" sides :p (I have a lot hahaha)

Their new record is garbage... it's not even pop, just whining and howling and shit, may be in concert it's different, but the record is below-par. At least that what I heard when been listening (gave it fair few spins).

plintus said:
Their new record is garbage... it's not even pop, just whining and howling and shit, may be in concert it's different, but the record is below-par. At least that what I heard when been listening (gave it fair few spins).

Yeah some parts of some songs aren't bad, but still. The first album is way much better. But I love her sensibility on stage, her voice is amazing too, I really love "Lithium" on the new album... It's a ballad though. But the other songs are..... weak. Really really weak !

Kovenant84 said:
From that bootleg of Where Death is Most Alive, I'm dying to see them live again. I really am. I wish they'd make a special stop in NY for no apparent reason.

~kov.
If so, tell me and I'll drop by NYC for sure :D