People selling cracked plugins (WOW)

Just a question to the people who do pay for original software:

Do you always send money (ie. a donation) to the author of freeware/shareware when/if you use it?

Just curious...

Yes as long as they make an easy way to do it. I don't go out of my way to get there contact information so I can figure out a way to give them money.

Oh, btw, who of you refuses to watch a downloaded movie?

I do because THEY SUCK!!!! :mad::mad::puke::puke:

Who the fuck wants to watch a rip when renting or buying or going to watch a movie is a WAY better experience. Fuck that shit right there, fuck it in the ass.

I had a friend get a hold of Star wars episode 1 before it got into theater, my reaction to that shit was "are you fucking kidding me? That looks like shit!"

I just found this website while googling around for some software I'm planning to buy soon:

http://www.vst-software.com/vstsoft/

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the price tags, so I had to read their F.A.Q page and it quickly became apparent... these mother fuckers are selling pirated crap and they are NOT discrete about it. Anyone with a brain can understand that some Native Instruments plug in doesn't cost 19.99$.

I'd like to bust the hell out of that site, but don't know where to turn :)

Whoa, that shit is the lowest I've ever seen :ill:

Using pirated plugs is one thing, intentionally misleading people into thinking they are legit, and then selling them, takes it to a whole other level...

something will have to be done ultimately to curb rampant internet theft of copyrighted materials.....

I beleive it will eventually. The problem is that as soon as you close one distribution channel of pirate media, another ten new ones pop up; that's the nature of the internet. Remember despite court roulings/closures with Napster, Kazaa, Audiogalaxy, Suprnova, TorrentSpy etc file sharing is still rampant.

Legislation and co-operation by ISPs will drive it further underground and result in the uptake of different sharing methods but it will always be there no matter how passionately anyone feels about it.

Those who want a free ride will find it if they look hard enough...and the world will go on and the outdated business models adopted by those who beleive the internet is witchcraft will fail and those who embrace the developments in technology and figure out how to offer greater value than an illegal offering will thrive.

I empathise with those who are affected by piracy, it must be incredibly frustrating to give something your blood, sweat and tears then to find it pirated, but alas it's something you will consistently struggle to avoid and you're never going have it your way whilst the internet exists. Sorry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_sharing_timeline

I just found this website while googling around for some software I'm planning to buy soon:

http://www.vst-software.com/vstsoft/

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the price tags, so I had to read their F.A.Q page and it quickly became apparent... these mother fuckers are selling pirated crap and they are NOT discrete about it. Anyone with a brain can understand that some Native Instruments plug in doesn't cost 19.99$.

I'd like to bust the hell out of that site, but don't know where to turn :)

How can this happen without legal action from the company's?

I thought Ebay and Craigslist was way to far, this takes the cake!!

In Spain we have the SGAE (which is like the RIAA) but we pay a "canon" (sorry i dont know how its called in english but its like a tax) everytime we buy cds , mp3 ,ipods,dvds , portable Hd´s, pendrives ...i am paying that "canon" even if i want the dvd to save some photos of my dog sleeping in the couch.

In the year 2005 the SGAE earned 320€ millions (406,400,000 dollars) and every year they earn more and more

Im totally against selling downloaded music or plugins or whatever but if i download CDs without any intention of selling it,just to listen it ...
ITS NOT A CRIME.(im not making any profit with it)
i mean i already paid for that cd...im paying the sgae for the remote posibility that im using my internet connection to download music or software or whatever

ok .... i admit it.... i´ve downloaded music and movies but for example :

i have two sisters , they both have internet connections and they only use the msn messenger and less more.
WHY ARE THEY PAYING for something they are not doing??

i use internet connection to watch tv shows too
tv shows that will never be aired in my country...am i doing something bad??

im not against the sgae (or the riaa) but why i cannot have something I AM PAYING FOR everytime i buy cds , pendrives , printers (YEAH PRINTERS), and many other things

im not against music industry or whatever...
if any band i´ve downloaded a cd of (theres so many great bands i cannot have discovered without internet) comes to my city to play a concert believe me I´D BE the first one buying a ticket
and i truly believe that the band will earn more money with my ticket
than if i buy their cd.

i think the future is on the internet sales(itunes and things like that)
i mean i saw sometimes that the actual CD and the Itunes mp3´s version COST the same amount of money...when the music company are not paying for the "MAKING" of that physical cd or the transport or the distribution and so many things
i mean they HAVE to earn more money with a CD sold on itunes than with a cd sold on a record store...so why isnt the Itunes cd cheaper?

P.S: i have a great amount of original CDS and DVDS.
i always go to live concerts and support local bands.

Cheers

P.S nª2: Sorry if theres something wrong with the english

im not against music industry or whatever...
if any band i´ve downloaded a cd of (theres so many great bands i cannot have discovered without internet) come to my city to make a concert believe me I´D BE the first one buying a ticket
and i truly believe that the band will earn more money with my ticket
than if i buy their cd.

i think the future is on the internet sales(itunes and things like that)
i mean i saw sometimes that the actual CD and the Itunes mp3´s version COST the same amount of money...when the music company are not paying for the "MAKING" of that physical cd or the transport or the distribution and so many things
i mean they HAVE to earn more money with a CD sold on itunes than with a cd sold on a record store...so why isnt the Itunes cd cheaper?
You have a lot to learn about how the music business actually works.

For starters, of the bands who's music you have obtained for free, how many concert tickets have you bought? I doubt very many.

Secondly and more to the point, whether they make more or less $ off of ticket sales depends on the band however the ticket sales do nothing to enable them to make another album if they are on a record label. Record labels work on a balance of recoupable advances and album sales. If you want a band to make another Album they have to produce sales.

Regarding iTunes. No. Record labels and bands do not make more money off of itunes than CD sales. iTunes pays around $7 to labels for every record sold which is in the same range as wholesale cd prices factoring in manufacturering.

However as you stated earlier, no one will get your money unless they tour the Canary Islands.

Honestly I have less of a problem with theft and more of a problem with all of the self-diluted justifications for why what you are doing isn't actually what you are doing. The law says that creators or owners have the right to control the distribution of intellectual property and receive compensation.

Do what you want, but own your actions. Don't pretend it's something else. Don't think it's owed to you.

There are hundreds of thousands of great free songs, programs, videos, articles, photos, etc. etc. all over the web ripe for the taking. It's not like anyone with a computer is forced into some sort of artistic depravation chamber if they can't steal or take out their wallet. We are at a juncture of time where art of all types is accessible on a level never before conceived of and yet somehow in this there has grown a cancerous notion that this art is valueless.

I can't stand people having their whole HDD full with mp3s but owning like maybe 5 CDs max of which 3 were a gift from friends anyways.
Nor can I UNDERSTAND this behaviour. I fucking freak out each time I get a new CD which I can hold in my hands, everytime a little christmas for me.

I really love opening the CD, looking through the booklet, even reading the "thank you"-lines and so on. Maybe I am a freak, I don't know. I just feel so proud of owning a physical copy of music I love and deflower it in my stereo. Hmmmm....always such a nice feeling. There is so much more attached to a nice Vinyl or CD than just some digital data on my harddrive. And if you look around CD prices aren't really close to a rip-off or anything. I almost never pay more than $10 and if I do it is because of a special release or anything. CDs are cheap!

Mind you, I also download mp3s from time to time if I don't have a chance to listen to music in proper quality. But around 80% of what I download is what I own later on. The other 20% I delete because I didn't like the music and in those cases I wouldn't buy the CDs anyways. Mp3s and such do have their advantages but they should never REPLACE your buying behaviour or the way you treat music as a whole.

If everybody would think like that you wouldn't have to tighten up the laws and the music business wouldn't loose any cash. Or am I wrong?

ive only dl a few albums like: nirvana nevermind and greenday dookie, which I have already purchased multiple times in my life and lost. I back up all my cd`s too, and if I lost the physical cd, I would never delete the songs off my comp

Speaking of this. What's a good online retailer to order metal CDs from? I'm a bit over the over-priced stores here in Oz and I try to take as much of my business abroad as possible, as I don't want to sustain this cancerous society...

Hahahahahahahaha, your loathing of your homeland (or current place of residence I guess I should say) never ceases to amuse Ermz :lol: But I always try to order either direct from the band's website or from the label website (I wouldn't count on many of 'em being based in Australia ;)); otherwise, Amazon!

You have a lot to learn about how the music business actually works.

For starters, of the bands who's music you have obtained for free, how many concert tickets have you bought? I doubt very many.

Secondly and more to the point, whether they make more or less $ off of ticket sales depends on the band however the ticket sales do nothing to enable them to make another album if they are on a record label. Record labels work on a balance of recoupable advances and album sales. If you want a band to make another Album they have to produce sales.

Regarding iTunes. No. Record labels and bands do not make more money off of itunes than CD sales. iTunes pays around $7 to labels for every record sold which is in the same range as wholesale cd prices factoring in manufacturering.

However as you stated earlier, no one will get your money unless they tour the Canary Islands.

Honestly I have less of a problem with theft and more of a problem with all of the self-diluted justifications for why what you are doing isn't actually what you are doing. The law says that creators or owners have the right to control the distribution of intellectual property and receive compensation.

Do what you want, but own your actions. Don't pretend it's something else. Don't think it's owed to you.

There are hundreds of thousands of great free songs, programs, videos, articles, photos, etc. etc. all over the web ripe for the taking. It's not like anyone with a computer is forced into some sort of artistic depravation chamber if they can't steal or take out their wallet. We are at a juncture of time where art of all types is accessible on a level never before conceived of and yet somehow in this there has grown a cancerous notion that this art is valueless.
and Egan NAILS it. very well put man.

Egan is exactly on the money here. he is right. if you think differently, you are wrong.

i have said this same shit over and over again Egan.... how the hell does anyone think tour income pays for album production?? hell it barely pays for the tour expenses 90% of the time.

my point is...even if i dont download ...IM STILL PAYING THE SGAE (like i said is like the riaa) so...
why pay twice for something?
i mean the canon (the tax) is everywhere (internet connections , dvds , cds ,ipods ,pendrives , hd´s , printers, etc...)

i saw here
andy timmons , evergrey,Kreator ,tony mcalpine among others
and many spanish bands(stravaganzza , the-zeronaut , Meridian zero , terroristars, etc)

and many times i ended buying a cd of the band at the concert

HERE IS THE LAW ABOUT INTERNET PIRACY IN SPAIN RIGHT NOW:

IF YOU DONT MAKE PROFIT OUT OF IT (like selling downloaded cds, dvds, movies, etc)...THEN ITS LEGAL.

SO...im not breaking any law right now.

its not like i download everything:
i have bought many many books , dvds and cds
and about plugins i have a LOT of free stuff and ,for example,as soon as i can i will buy steven slate drums 3.0
(i hate being a poor student :cry:)

i doubt very seriously that tax is meant to exonerate you from paying for the albums or movies you download.... it's meant to offset for theft, as i understand it, not condone or empower it.

we have new taxes coming here in the US on liquour and cigarettes, the proceeds from which will go to the educational system. i don't think the tax is meant to encourage me to become a cigarette-addicted alcoholic.

I'm guilty of downloading plugs too like most people.....but I use it more as a "full version" trial.

If its something I like....and reasonably priced.... I will end up buying it.

Kinda like, I had a jakked copy of Audition for a while, then tried Reaper....liked it so much, I bought Reaper. And I no longer have Audition. Feels great that I'm now legit.

Luckly, Reaper comes with a shitton of badass plugs that I use all the time! And there are quite a few great Free plugs out there. Freeverbtoo and Gclip are great examples.