People selling cracked plugins (WOW)

Btw, HatchetDrummer.... care to name any credentials? Seems to me you're playing yourself up to be this big awesome engineer... and you've shown no evidence.

Fail.

ha ha ha. When did I ever say that..... Never. I think that people should stop giving a shit about what other people do, and focus on their own work.

Talk all the shit you want on me, I dont care, How many albums did you sell in 08? You want to know how many I sold, pm me. I'll e-mail you the data I have from metal blade on my albums sales world wide. I've got nothing to hide. What have you done? Dont try any call me out, you dont know me.

How many major labels have put out your work... Can you walk into any best buy and or major retailer in the world and see your albums sitting on the shelfs?

You just failed yourself buddy.

Bay Area thrashers HATCHET have issued the following update:

"Due to personal and musical differences we have decided to part ways with our original drummer Slave. That being said, we are actively seeking a new permanent drummer to fill our lineup. We are looking for a talented, serious musician, who will be 100% dedicated to our band. Must have your own transportation and a job or source of income, and be willing to practice 2-3 times a week at our Petaluma rehearsal studio. Must be available for all shows and tours. And please be confident in your ablility to play our material. No egos, druggies or flakes! 18+ preferred but not a necessity. Please send us a message through our MySpace site. Or contact us via email at Hatchet.metal@gmail.com."

HATCHET last fall inked a deal with Metal Blade Records.

According to a press release, HATCHET is "an onslaught of five thrash metal fanatics from the San Francisco Bay Area; a starting point for infamous thrash bands like METALLICA, EXODUS, TESTAMENT, and VIO-LENCE, just to name a few. Formed by Julz on guitar and Slave behind the drum kit in January 2005, HATCHET was started as the two were fed up with the stale metal scene in their home town. Their desire to create music filled with substance and driving aggression would be enough to help revive a genre that had slowly began to fade away over the years in their hometown."

I download TV shows i enjoyed in the UK and can't get in Finland...
I download movies that i can't get in the Cinema here, are dubbed (Cartoons) or just not worth the 9.50€ admission fee.

And whoever says downloaded movie quality is shit needs to fuck off :) Stop trying to look innocent...
any time i watch a movie, it's on my laptop (DVD or not) so i can listen with my monitors... and i ca't tell a DivX Quality.

I Buy what i like.. i will happy watch a great movie 10x... but a shit one once...

I'm not paying for a shit movie but will pay for a good one.

If the industry wants my money, it has to stop producing bad movies.

Bay Area thrashers HATCHET have issued the following update:

"Due to personal and musical differences we have decided to part ways with our original drummer Slave. That being said, we are actively seeking a new permanent drummer to fill our lineup. We are looking for a talented, serious musician, who will be 100% dedicated to our band. Must have your own transportation and a job or source of income, and be willing to practice 2-3 times a week at our Petaluma rehearsal studio. Must be available for all shows and tours. And please be confident in your ablility to play our material. No egos, druggies or flakes! 18+ preferred but not a necessity. Please send us a message through our MySpace site. Or contact us via email at Hatchet.metal@gmail.com."

HATCHET last fall inked a deal with Metal Blade Records.

According to a press release, HATCHET is "an onslaught of five thrash metal fanatics from the San Francisco Bay Area; a starting point for infamous thrash bands like METALLICA, EXODUS, TESTAMENT, and VIO-LENCE, just to name a few. Formed by Julz on guitar and Slave behind the drum kit in January 2005, HATCHET was started as the two were fed up with the stale metal scene in their home town. Their desire to create music filled with substance and driving aggression would be enough to help revive a genre that had slowly began to fade away over the years in their hometown."

Well I love when people say "My" as in its just there sales. That type of attitude usually comes with the EGO guys!!

ha ha ha. When did I ever say that..... Never. I think that people should stop giving a shit about what other people do, and focus on their own work.

Talk all the shit you want on me, I dont care, How many albums did you sell in 08? You want to know how many I sold, pm me. I'll e-mail you the data I have from metal blade on my albums sales world wide. I've got nothing to hide. What have you done? Dont try any call me out, you dont know me.

How many major labels have put out your work... Can you walk into any best buy and or major retailer in the world and see your albums sitting on the shelfs?

You just failed yourself buddy.

Over 14k album sales.
Full house crowds and often over capacity at Wacken, Graspop, Metal Camp as wel as lots of other festivals and a massively successful tour...

So since i now have your respect, i can say this to you.

Your sir, are a cunt. Shut the fuck up and get your head out of your arse.

And yes, you can walk into any major retailer and find my (ex band's) work which was released on a major label.

:)

Oh shit! A cock fight!
HappyPenis.jpg

how the hell does anyone think tour income pays for album production?? hell it barely pays for the tour expenses 90% of the time.

Soooo true unfortunately

our 1st tour, we thought we were badass because we managed to break even on the expenses

2nd tour we each lost several hundred dollars or more (different band)

I saw the trend and got out ;)

nothing is a substitute for actually buying the music outright, or the movies, or the software. Its easy to take a moral highground, its also easy to try to justify your actions to yourself and others ... either because you think it cost too much or you pay extra taxes or because you yourself didn't crack a program, etc etc ... doesn't matter. If you're gonna do it, do it but don't try to sell the idea that there is a good reason for doing it and if you ever get caught don't think your reasons for doing it are gonna change the outcome of what happens to your legally

Over 14k album sales.
Full house crowds and often over capacity at Wacken, Graspop, Metal Camp as wel as lots of other festivals and a massively successful tour...

So since i now have your respect, i can say this to you.

Your sir, are a cunt. Shut the fuck up and get your head out of your arse.

And yes, you can walk into any major retailer and find my (ex band's) work which was released on a major label.

:)

Oh, and FUCK YEAH GAVIN!!!! :kickass:

brief quotes only require permission when used commercially. c'mon man... try harder than that or just save it.

so I guess the joke was missed on the idea of a cartoon character suing someone.......though it would be a sweet opportunity for Kool Aid man to bust in the courtroom with an "Oh Yea!"
Either sarcasm is difficult to interpret online or someone is a little too serious.

But you know, this is kind of futile since piracy is not going away, no matter how hard we try... So I was thinking, what's your idea of how to adapt to this new system and still make profit?

My idea is the same as which Trent Reznor did. He doesn't care if his music is shared and copied, he actually put it to the Pirate Bay himself. It's free promotion in a sense, albeit it is something even more, as the people who download it get the "actual" product instead of just an idea or a preview. Then he gives fans a reason to buy the "real" version of those products, and makes something like a limited $300 ultra delux vinyl package that's only 2500 pieces. 2500 x 300 = $750000... And that's just the limited ultra deluxe edition. I think he made almost two million dollars in the first week of selling the album, and it was only promoted in the internet, and at the same time, you could download it for free if you chose to do so.

What similar ways could be implemented with plugins?

But it's trent reznor dude... he can do stuff like that and it will turn out great, it's pretty hard to implement this strategy into anything else that doesn't have a godlike status of nine inch nails...

* i'm a legit nin fanboy :loco: