pet-peeves GO!

for some reason i hate it when most clients use the word "crisp" to describe something audio-related. i'm not really sure why, but i hate it. i think it has to do with the way some people emphasize the "p" sound at the end, and the gneral misuse/abuse of the term, subjective as it may be. definitely a weird "peeve", but there it is.

for some reason i hate it when most clients use the word "crisp" to describe something audio-related. i'm not really sure why, but i hate it. i think it has to do with the way some people emphasize the "p" sound at the end, and the gneral misuse/abuse of the term, subjective as it may be. definitely a weird "peeve", but there it is.

Fancy a Crisp?
Geico.jpg

YES! FUCK HAVING PARENTS AT THE STUDIO! Ive recorded to younger bands that brought their fucking parents! Probably one of the most irritating thing a band can do! Expecially when they try and make musical decisions, HOLY SHIT! GTFO! lol

I have totally opposite experiences with parents in the studio. The young dudes are usually the most energetic and easily distracted clients, and the parents that have popped in a session have always been the ones who sit silently in the control room and seem genuinely interested in what I do when I chat them up on breaks. It's kinda soothing to have someone calm in a session that's otherwise filled with running around, wrestling and screaming.

One time the band was eating chilli, damn it was a fart concert....was funny for 5min but not for 5h!!!!!!!!!!

For the last two Martriden albums it's become tradition to have "Egg Salad Sandwich Day" where we eat nothing else and close all the windows. You have to work through the pain.

And I hate extended smoke breaks. I'm fine with a 10 min break after playing for 3 or 4 hours. It's when those breaks happen every 90 min and they turn into "I'm gonna walk down to 7-11, anyone want anything" every time. That shit kills the flow and wastes loads of time that I'll end up eating in the mix. Fuck extended breaks!

And fuck bouncing stems... this shit sucks...