Peter interview, comments on the Grand Conjuration video

Actually the old timers around here can tell you. It's nothing extravagant. A vote was had that the place needed a mod and then the community voted on who should be mod. I just happened to be leading the popularity polls at the time for whatever reason.

Not sure what that has to do with this thread though!

Rainwound said:
To be honest, the best way Opeth could make a music video is to record Live footage, say from their SOTU tour. They could have had a few cameramen take footage of them playing the song TGC, and afterwords had the footage edited down to 3 minutes or whatever the standard is. I've seen a few movie bootlegs like The Drapery Falls and Demon of the Fall, and Forest of October that were very great movies. That's how they should have gone. You can't get better than live footage.

And they could take snapshots from various areas of the live footage to use as promo pictures. Honestly if they took control and did something like this, it would have been waaaay better... who agrees?
Actually, you can get better than live footage. A lot of times those videos suck, like "only for the Weak" by In Flames...it's just them playing their guitars and headbanging for 5 minutes. Totally boring.

Actually the old timers around here can tell you. It's nothing extravagant. A vote was had that the place needed a mod and then the community voted on who should be mod. I just happened to be leading the popularity polls at the time for whatever reason.

Not sure what that has to do with this thread though!

Ah i see. Well its about as relevant as my google Earth thread:d

Bacchante said:
annt said:
Opeth-2005-MJ-0155MM.jpg
I like this one a lot.
Lopez reminds me of the Godfather.
"You ask me to do murder..on the day of my daughter's wedding.."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

FRUGiHOYi said:
To me he looks more like he smoked a really fat blunt and then listened to his own drum work on Deliverance.

"Shit man....*Swedish obscenities* it's like they're underwater!" And the rest of the guys are just ignoring him and wishing they were in a forest somewhere.

Moonlapse said:
I've never actually seen the carpet ones before. They're pretty cool, although the second one does look a bit forced, haha. The first has a cool motif going (if that's the right word to use).

I still think nothing will ever beat that smoking shot in Still Life where Mike looks like an 18 year old boy :D. The guys look so burned out in that one that it just suited the feel of the album perfectly.
FUCK THE FOREST...

WE LOVE PERSIAN CARPETS!

Lopez reminds me of the Godfather.
"You ask me to do murder..on the day of my daughter's wedding.."
Bahahahaha!

I never liked the video, I don't like many videos in general, when it's based on a concept it detracts from the songs structure both in music and words. I like to sit back and create my own images when listening.

Julian Zembrowski said:
Bahahahaha!

I never liked the video, I don't like many videos in general, when it's based on a concept it detracts from the songs structure both in music and words. I like to sit back and create my own images when listening.
Agreed,

and people named Julian ftw.