Picture Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumitalvi: *LOL* Why not :) or maybe the sign? I`ve seen tattoos of that aswell, and I find it looks nice.
What do you think of "The Arrival"? And talked to Peter already? *curious*

fireangel said:
Lumitalvi: *LOL* Why not :) or maybe the sign? I`ve seen tattoos of that aswell, and I find it looks nice.
What do you think of "The Arrival"? And talked to Peter already? *curious*

As the sing you mean the cross? naa.. so many people has it :) but it is very nice! I´ve made one out of bronze, that´s enough for me.
The Arrival was surely the highlight of this year (the bluuuuuuue cover ;) ) and the next one will be the new Pain :dopey:
I´ve met Mr.Tägtgren 3 times now. He´s just more than life itself :)
There is no other I´d appreciate more.
*thinks more seriously about the second tattoo*

@Rusty: Nooo... who me? noo... I was just saying that the shirt cover the horror :rolleyes:

@rahvin: selfishness sounds good ;) but it would be too long. The word has to have 9 letters.

lumitalvi: *heh* I like blue, very much, too :) Oh, I´d wish I had met Peter Tägtgren aswell, I believe he´s supercool :Spin: Saw Hypocrisy on the tour with Dimmu Borgir last year.

I have just listened to one song of The Arrival (which was awesome), but the record is on my shelve already, I just have to check it out.
I guess it´s the old "problem" with tattoos, sooner or later you feel something missing if a tat is only on one side ;) (though this is usually "just" a feeling, and not something truly unbalanced, so the mirroring picture is not a necessity) But usually when you´re over the threshold of the second one, there will come more than that..... Could be different with band-tattoos, though, since they have another purpose than "normal" tattoos. Of course they are all a kind of symbol, but I have the impression there is a different motivation behind getting a band-name/logo and a "normal" picture. But you tell me your view, cuz I am not sure about that.
:)

fireangel said:
I have just listened to one song of The Arrival (which was awesome), but the record is on my shelve already, I just have to check it out.

ooo... you must check it out quickly! :) After they released it, I listened no other cd for over a month. Now I´ve increased my music world a bit. Not that I got bored, just so the cd wouldn´t get broken, haha.

fireangel said:
I guess it´s the old "problem" with tattoos, sooner or later you feel something missing if a tat is only on one side ;) (though this is usually "just" a feeling, and not something truly unbalanced, so the mirroring picture is not a necessity) But usually when you´re over the threshold of the second one, there will come more than that..... Could be different with band-tattoos, though, since they have another purpose than "normal" tattoos. Of course they are all a kind of symbol, but I have the impression there is a different motivation behind getting a band-name/logo and a "normal" picture. But you tell me your view, cuz I am not sure about that.
:)

Hmm... everyone has always told me if you get a tattoo, you get this urge to get more and more of them. I can honestly say I haven´t go that urge. I have just started to feel that it would be more "art" if it would be on both sides. I feel that I can never take any other looking tattoo, ´cause then it would make the hypo tattoo less special. And I don´t want that to happen. Ne-ver! :D So the same will appear twice maybe in the future, or just this one then.
I dunno about this differment between "normal" and band tats (exept all my friend said "doooon´t dooo it!!! Band tattoos are silly!!") but for me the reason for the tattoo was the meaning Hypo has had in my life. It has been bigger than anything. They got me going on when I was giving up, they got me out of Finland to Germany, my first trip to out of Finland, my first time in a huge festival. They made to feel so much better of myself.. I just had to get this thing, that would stay forever. Even though I´d someday might not like them anymore (possible?? :err: ) I´d still have it to remind me of the effect they once had. I love the pic more every day.

From normal tattoos... I have no idea what pic would be a one I´d have the energy to look at until I die. So I quess the motivation for band tattoo comes from there. :)

@lumi: for strict reasons of symmetry, i would go for another "hypocrisy" on the right arm too. and i suppose i should get a tattoo of an airplane on my shoulder, since that's what got me out of finland last time. ;)

lumitalvi said:
ooo... you must check it out quickly! :) After they released it, I listened no other cd for over a month. Now I´ve increased my music world a bit. Not that I got bored, just so the cd wouldn´t get broken, haha.
:lol: Okay, I´ll do :)

lumitalvi said:
Hmm... everyone has always told me if you get a tattoo, you get this urge to get more and more of them.
*hehe* Well, I think if you can stop after the first (not talking bout band tattoos) then it´s no worry. ;)
I like tattoos, if they are good and have a meaning. But I can´t stand seeing in summer so many people who have all the same motif, there are a couple of which seem to be no 1 in the catalogue or those which are done really really badly.
I had never decided I would want only one, it was a general decision, tattoos or not. But the first one hurt so much like no other physical pain ever in my life, so I thought, it would be one and only. I was wrong :D But my concept is so profound, thought-out and considered from every possible angle, that it´s strong enough for several pictures, which will be done according to how I myself develop.

lumitalvi said:
I dunno about this differment between "normal" and band tats (exept all my friend said "doooon´t dooo it!!! Band tattoos are silly!!") but for me the reason for the tattoo was the meaning Hypo has had in my life. It has been bigger than anything. They got me going on when I was giving up, they got me out of Finland to Germany, my first trip to out of Finland, my first time in a huge festival. They made to feel so much better of myself.. I just had to get this thing, that would stay forever. Even though I´d someday might not like them anymore (possible?? :err: ) I´d still have it to remind me of the effect they once had. I love the pic more every day.

From normal tattoos... I have no idea what pic would be a one I´d have the energy to look at until I die. So I quess the motivation for band tattoo comes from there. :)
It sounds you thought very well about your tattoo and that is what matters to me. Concerning bandnames/symbols: After all, a band tattoo is the same kind of symbol as other pictures are for someone else: Something that represents your view on life or remind you of special things and ideas.
Have no idea about one or two "Hypocrisy"s though :)

rahvin said:
@lumi: for strict reasons of symmetry, i would go for another "hypocrisy" on the right arm too.
And with all the letters turned into their mirror image, and lined from the right towards the left, of course. So that both you and your mirror image will have at least one readable tattoo each :)

Alfred (picture talking with your friends without a conversation)

@alfred: i think "mirror image" was rather pretentious of you, and it also made me feel like playing hommIV all over again. :p there's apparently nothing at all to do today, so i suppose i might. want to drop by and give it a go yourself? i'm home until 9pm.

@pos, spike or whoever the hell you are: <3 the cat :)
@wildfyr: you're welcome. long live free speech.

probably old

panda.jpg

pic25l.jpg

Concierge: I'm sorry, but this event requires formal dress code.
Niklas: But, In Flames are my friends and there's free beer!
Concierge: Fine, this way sir, help yourself to a coat that fits you in the lost and found.
Niklas: Sweeeeet!

Let's all find some DT pictures and put silly captions on them!
:heh::Smokedev::devil::devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.