Picture Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
a tree with a lot of carvings. the 1948 sign was done by my grandfather in that year... quite astonishing how nature outlasts mankind...

Attachments

• woods3.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 39
thank you two... this seems to become a great hobby. since i got the camera i'm out quite often to get some pictures... don't even know why i take them...
well as a bonus, here's one which reflects my current feelings quite well, as well i took this one last week.

Attachments

• lonely.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 47
nice stuff VC, btw did your granddad fight in the WWII??
we weren't on that war since we had just our civil war, but I suppose if we hadn't we surely had allied with Germany and Italy!both my grandads were rivals on Spanish civil war hehehehe odd!

he didn't ever tell me about it... he was born in 1928, he was 17 when the war finally ended. i know he fought somewhere, but don't ask me when and where. my grand aunt was evolved in medical services in france, though...

When I remember all war movies (Black Hawn Down recently) the modern life seems to become easier, in comparison. So, reading the short comment about WWII, I felt as a man forced to work and survive in the middle of a war, where you cannot think or worry 'bout your happiness but your trouble is just save your life and endure the horrors and pain!! Jups, these were scary thoughts, indeed. The last pics of VC inspired me these unchupi thoughts, despite the first were wonderful ones.

I know my grandfather was a "rojo" (the contemptuous name for the ppl on the side of the republic in our civil war), and he was affiliated to some organizations against the dictatorship. But he never took a gun. And my grandmother told me about the hungry years, where ppl needed "rationing cards" to buy some food.

The times have changed, indeed.

|ngenius (Reminding the past he never lived)

My grandfather was stationed in the pacific, he was a piolet he would bomb abunch of crap he doesnt talk about it much.

My other grandfather was in Africa, then Italy, and eventually went to Berlin.

grandfathers:

my father's father left the police when fascism brought italy to war. a trace of hernia granted him the benefit to stay in the barracks here in italy instead of going to the frontline. afterwards, he joined the anti-dictatorship forces and helped doing away with the old regime. he's obviously quite proud of that.

my mother's father i have never met, because he left his family when my mother was fourteen, running away with another woman or something. he was in the army and died some years ago, without ever showing up again with his old family.

rahvin. (where's the thread about grandmothers? ;) )

I never met my grandfathers cause they are both dead.. :err:
But they were both great men, i'm sure :)

my grandmother was very grumpy and greedy about food, she used to hide pieces of bread and stuff in her house and that annoyed me until I learned that she lived in Munich during WWII

My mothers mother is a little Italian woman who can beat the shit out of anyone, Im convinced :) , she cooks all the time and trys to get me to eat everything she makes.

My other grandma is also Italian and she used to own alittle candy store until about 6 years ago.

uhmm.. talking about grandfathers..
My grandfather's father's all 13 children died before he died. He died two years ago and was 90-something years old.
3/4 of my grandparents are still alive though.

This is a pick of my friend I made from a loaf of bread, a cigarette, and afew other things one night, the lighting sucks b/c the camera sucked. :D :D enjoy :p ;)

Attachments

• dsc_225.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 36
None of my grandparents served in wars, but my grand uncle on my father's side (my grandmother's brother) fought in the civil war in China decades ago. I don't know much about him, and have never met him. He is still alive, but very elderly.

Only my grandmother on my father's side is still alive. My grandmother (on my mom's side) and grandfather (my dad's side) passed away years ago.

My other grandfather (my mom's father) died of cancer a long time ago when my mother was 12. He drank and smoked a whole lot. I wish I could have met him as, despite his habits, my mom said he was a wonderful person to be around.

Status
Not open for further replies.